RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Running an (s)ftp(s) on WHS

kermi

So.. has anyone tried to run some flavour of secure FTP on their box? The web-based interface is somewhat sub-optimal for actual file transfers.

I know there's an option of just running FileZilla on the box, but i'd rather not worry about two sets of useraccounts and their permissions and passwords.

Some enquiries at IRC for a server software that would integrate itself nicely with Windows accounts produced this: http://www.freesshd.com/

Anyone have experiences with it?

• 1 month later...

There was an FTP server add-in for WHS at one time. I'm not sure if it's still being updated. I would proceed with caution with it. Linked here.

You know what I need? An add-in that will FTP out to my locations at scheduled times. Get some files and log-off. The author of Download manager said he would look into it. It would be handy for me...not sure about anyone else though.

There was an FTP server add-in for WHS at one time. I'm not sure if it's still being updated. I would proceed with caution with it. Linked here.

You know what I need? An add-in that will FTP out to my locations at scheduled times. Get some files and log-off. The author of Download manager said he would look into it. It would be handy for me...not sure about anyone else though.

I'll pass on the plain old FTP.. i want some sort of encryption to it, as i *really* don't want to be transmitting passwords wich allow access to my server in plain text over the public internet.