RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

LGA1155 mATX mobo supporting 32GB?

schoondoggy
mAtx LGA1155 mobo out there that supports 32GB RAM?
As long as it has four memory slots it should support 32 GB. Intel had some, so did SuperMicro.

Indeed appreciate it, cannot believe how expensive these boards are still if you can find them. I really do like that Maximus V Gene but I am going to stick with this Pegatron IPMMB-FM board out of an HP Envy. I wanted to ditch it as it annoys the crap out of me that the fan header for a small fan attached to the VRM had to be replaced. I did it and it works fine and has the same spec as the original fan has an identical pinout but the darned BIOS halts the system as it thinks a cpu fan is missing. bah...

Anyway I was going to ditch it but a buddy of mine offered me a sealed HP ROK Server 2012 R2 Essentials for next to nothing and I'm a sucker for a good deal, not to mention I got sticker shock poking around looking for a new mobo. 

I really like that darn Maximus V Gene though, but I could only find a couple of them today and they were both used and over $300 to ship to Canuckada. Thanks for the replies but I need the HP BIOS intact to install this ROK legally, so I'll stick with the silly post error.

But damn that Maximus V Gene is nice, if only that mini PCIe combo card did 2 mSATA drives instead of one...

Maximus V Gene..

I've had a few of the Maximus range over the years, they are nice boards, I don't really use all of the features on them so its probably over kill but I do tend to go overboard on the motherboard as its the main part of the system...