RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Plex Program Guide Update (Grid View) coming soon.

itGeeks

Now that I have switched over to using HDHR Prime and Plex for live TV I could not be more thrilled about this change. You can read the announcement here

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Is it possible to connect other devices to the central Plex box with TV tuner? Was curious how they network.

Can you clarify, please?

I do not have the exact same setup as itGeeks as we do not get the same options in Australia, however, my HRHD allows for connection to both Plex and other devices simultaneously however it can only handle two devices and it does not give a warning before kicking one system off from the tuner, works on the newest connection overrides the oldest kind of thing as best I can see. This means that if Plex is recording with someone else watching or a second recording happening, and someone else tries to view something it will kick Plex off (2 Tuner device). This is done through the HDHR app in my case as Plex does not yet support Live Streams to the Media client or to some other devices (tablets & phones work for instance)

Cool. I wasn’t sure how Plex handles tuner sharing among multiple concurrent clients. For example with TiVo, the primary unit will have 6 tuners and media extenders borrow or stream from those simultaneous. Perhaps the most seamless TV experience of anything I’ve used.

Jason I am not sure I understand your question, Are you asking if you can use the 6 tuners from TiVo with Plex? If yes then my understanding is no, See supported tuners here

16 hours ago, ShadowPeo said:

Can you clarify, please?

I do not have the exact same setup as itGeeks as we do not get the same options in Australia, however, my HRHD allows for connection to both Plex and other devices simultaneously however it can only handle two devices and it does not give a warning before kicking one system off from the tuner, works on the newest connection overrides the oldest kind of thing as best I can see. This means that if Plex is recording with someone else watching or a second recording happening, and someone else tries to view something it will kick Plex off (2 Tuner device). This is done through the HDHR app in my case as Plex does not yet support Live Streams to the Media client or to some other devices (tablets & phones work for instance)

What version of Plex server are you running? I only ask because I have full live TV and DVR built into Plex so no need for HDHR Viewer plugin. When I try to setup a recording and or watch live TV and there are no tuners available Plex displays a message and gives me options to choose from, Pretty slick really. I am running v1.9.4.4325

I cannot check from here but server is latest on Synology. Client was 1.3.4 which I am now updating, which makes sense thinking back on it as I had to turn off updates due to a colour issue back in July or August

16 hours ago, itGeeks said:

What version of Plex server are you running? I only ask because I have full live TV and DVR built into Plex so no need for HDHR Viewer plugin. When I try to setup a recording and or watch live TV and there are no tuners available Plex displays a message and gives me options to choose from, Pretty slick really. I am running v1.9.4.4325

Ok either I am going daft or it's not there. I cannot find a way to watch live TV in Plex Media Player (on OSX or Windows)

You need to set it up first. Take a look at this video for instruction by Lon. Don't download the beta as he stats, Just follow the setup. This video was made when the DVR was in beta, Now it released so the setting are already there.

One other important note, You can only get to the Live TV/DVR from the owners account on Plex at this time. Hope that changes soon.

Hope this helps....

Edited by itGeeks