RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Unbox ML350 G10 at RESET Meetup

Joe_Miner

Unboxing the HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen10 at #BestMeetUpEver

This is a video of the unboxing of the HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen10 at the RESET Meetup #Indy2017 on September 30, 2017.  More to follow in the Forums in the future.

WP_20170930_08_29_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20170930_12_08_23_Pro.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BooyaK
      By BooyaK
      Hi all

Apologies for hijacking a new thread as I couldn’t easily find an existing post which described this..

I have an original HP Microserver N36L from 2012 that am Iooking to upgrade to a Gen 10 Plus.

In the N36L I have added a Smart Array P410 with 256MB FBWC (via ebay) configured with 4 x 2TB WD Green drives with RAID5 (6TB logical) along with a 256GB SSD as a boot system drive in the ODD bay (with the BIOS mod of course) plus a PCIe x1 video card.

The server is running Windows Server 2012 R2 but looking to uplift to 2019 (and maybe 2022 once it comes out) for general home enthusiast use mainly as a file server and to test VMs for labs.

Am I able to “lift and shift” the drive array subsystem from the old to new server? I have done this on the DL380s in the past as the controllers and drives hold the RAID config.

I guess I’m happy to get a new boot SSD if required (maybe boot issues between AMD and Intel CPU) but may have constraints mentioned below with the 5th interface.

Have read from the various great posts by schoondoggy etc. that the P410 has issues with UEFI etc, so looking at a compatible option that’s not the “latest and greatest” eg something that can bought via ebay second-hand and relatively inexpensive (the E208i-p maybe stretching it…) and can of course read the existing RAID5 array config from the drives.

Once moved across, I plan to progressively update them to larger HDD or SSDs and use the Smart Array expansion utility to expand the RAID-5 logical drive size once array rebuilds are complete.

From what I understand I can’t add the 5th drive as there is no onboard NVMe or SATA connector. There is USB3 to boot off a thumb drive of course which is great for VMWare ESXi but maybe not for Windows…

If I add the Smart Array card I guess it may limit my options as I understand it only has one PCIe x16 slot so can’t do both.

Does anyone have any suggestions or other techniques (for example I’m not fussed with the expansion iLo slot but I think dedicated for that purpose only)?
      I have also looked at some of the great Servethehome reviews and benchmarks too but these are early 2020 and things may have evolved since then.

Thanks in advance!
    • oldwhs12
      By oldwhs12
      I have been running the WHS1 pack 3 for many years.  Unfortunately it is no longer working.  I got a Proliant microserver Gen10 hoping it will run it but was unable to install the software.  The software should run on most older PCs?

Does anyone have the WHS1 running on the Gen10?  Also my WHS1 iso is Pack 1.  If I manage to install the Pack 1 can I find on the web the upgrade to pack 3?  Would I be forever stuck at Pack 1?  Any advice would be appreciated.

• E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys,

Has anyone around here been successful in setting up Proxmox on a Gen8 using a HBA for storage?
    • hfournier
      By hfournier
      I'm putting together a build for a non-profit client and I want to make sure they're getting the best bang for their bucks.

Current server:
      HP MicroServer N40L 8 GB WS2012E Plextor PX-256M5Pro SSD - OS drive SAMSUNG HD103SI 1TB (x2) - Data drives (Storage Spaces) WDC WD20EZRX 2TB (x2) - Data drives (Storage Spaces)  
      On the new server, I'd like to setup the OS on SSDs (RAID 1) for speed and redundancy. Trying to squeeze extra SSDs on the Gen 10 Plus lead me to using the PCIe card. I guess on the Gen 10 there's enough room and SATA connections to put a couple of SSDs in the Optical bay instead. And, I'm leaving 1 drive bay empty to add another 2 TB should they need it, which is not likely.

New Server Option 1 ($2084 CDN):
      HP MicroServer Gen 10 X3418 (P07203-001) 8 GB 8 GB Module - DDR4 2400MHz (Kingston KTH-PL424E/8G) WS2016E StarTech.com Dual M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter Card - x8 / x16 Dual NVMe or AHCI M.2 SSD to PCI Express 3.0 - RAID & JBOD (PEX8M2E2) Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7E500BW) (x2) - OS Drives (RAID 1) WD Gold 2TB (x3) - Data drives (Storage Spaces, or can I RAID 5 them?)  
      New Server Option 2 ($2362):
      HP MicroServer Gen 10 Plus (P16006-001) 16 GB WS2016E StarTech.com Dual M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter Card - x8 / x16 Dual NVMe or AHCI M.2 SSD to PCI Express 3.0 - RAID & JBOD (PEX8M2E2) Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7E500BW) (x2) - OS Drives (RAID 1) WD Gold 2TB (x3) - Data drives (Storage Spaces, or can I RAID 5 them?)  
      So two questions for all of you:
      If anything, what would you change and why? For the extra $278 (13% more), is the Gen 10 Plus worth it?  
      Thanks.

• E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys, 

Bit of a random question here, and I know it depends on many factors such as what they are doing etc, but how many VMs have you guys comfortably ran on Gen8 with an E3-1265v2 and 16GB RAM? When did you start to see a performance hit compared to what the Gen8 is generally capable of?