byronomo

Drive Diagnosis on EX475

byronomo

I've started getting a bunch of errors with file conflicts and the backup service not running.  When trying to repair the backup database, the process either crashes or the server reboots itself.

I'm wondering if one of the drives may be going bad.   I have 4 drives in the server itself plus 4 more in a SansDigital enclosure that is attached via eSATA.

There are a ton of logfiles on the server (which I'm not sure how to read).   I have some spare drives laying around and would love to swap out a drive if that is the problem.  Is there a way to tell which of the 8 drives might be causing a problem (if any)?

byronomo

Sometimes, I'm guessing that's (BSOD) what happens when I am not able to connect to it via RDP and the EX475 is on, but "frozen".  Pressing the reset button on the back allows for a successful boot.   However, in general , it is running, but it just reboots during attempts to clean up or repair the backup database.   Just to see if it would help, I turned off folder duplication and basically wiped out all of my shares--but nothing changed.