RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Disk error on P222

dikkiedirk

My Gen8 runs Microsoft Server R2 and has a 4 disk RAID5 Volume on an HP P222 controller with 512MB cache module. Today the blue light on the front turned flashing yellow. SSA showed a predictive failure on disk 4. I will have a new disk tomorrow as replacement. Can I power down the server, replace the faulty disk and power up? Will the disk be rebuilt automatically after reboot or needs it some action to be taken?

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, Raiden said:

What RAID do you have? Except for RAID 0, your array should rebuild itself after you replaced the drive and powered up.

like I wrote, RAID5

It rebuilt after replacing the drive. Everything seems okay now. Just ILO4 is throwing a selftest error. Only thing I see is an exclamation mark about CPLD - PAL0. Server boots OK though.

On 10/3/2017 at 9:21 AM, dikkiedirk said:

It rebuilt after replacing the drive. Everything seems okay now. Just ILO4 is throwing a selftest error. Only thing I see is an exclamation mark about CPLD - PAL0. Server boots OK though.

5 hours ago, orcf said:

My gen 8 have the same ! On CPLD-PLA0 saying version 0x06.
What that means?

What version of firmware is iLo4 running? 

no. don't even know where to put it. just ssd as bootdrive and 2 other drives on b120 and 4 disk raid 5 volume on p222. how can I reset ilo4 just to try it. will I have to re-enter the ilo4 advanced key?

Edited by dikkiedirk