RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Virhuck T905F 5.8G FPV Drone with 720P HD Built-in Camera $99 on Amazon

Dave

This just went on a deal from Amazon

Virhuck T905F 5.8G FPV Drone with 720P HD Built-in Camera, Quadcopter 6-Axis Gyro with Altitude Hold, 3D Flips, Compatible with FPV Goggles, Orange+Black $99

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 4.18.06 PM.png

easy to Fly and Funny Flying Tricks: 3D rotation, 360 flips, enhance the excitement of flying experiences; High-middle-low speed switch, headless mode, one key take off/landing, easy to fly.

5.8g Real-time, Low Lag Transmission: it has better antijamming capability and transmission stability than 2.4g, ensures clear and fluent videos.

6-Axis Gyro, Altitude Hold, 720P HD Camera: More stable in hover, give you enough time to adjust to your best shooting angle, ensures a clear image.

Unique and Powerful Functions: Left/right hand throttle could switched by yourself as you like; Emergency motor locking function, help you reduce damage in crash when it is out of your control.

http://amzn.to/2wKiYz2

jsox

in for 1 (using your link of course). maybe I'll bring it to the meetup...

Dave

Oh sweet!

jsox

Kind of sweet, kind of sour. Here is the review I submitted on Amazon:

I tried a friend's much more sophisticated (and expensive) drone and thought I might like to have one too. But wasn't so sure that I wanted to spend $800 on one so I bought one of these for about $100. It arrived on time, well packaged, with all parts present and nothing broken. I assembled it per the instructions. Note that the English instructions were clearly translated from some other language, but I think they were clear enough to get by. I read all the how-to information, charged the batteries, and went onto the back patio to give it a try. It works mostly as advertised in terms of mechanics. But I was unable to use the trim buttons to get rid of a persistent sideways drift. The batteries lasted for about 5 minutes, maybe more, in the drone. I never did get it to fly straight. So I recharged everything and went to the basement, figuring that there must have been a cross breeze or something. The unit is very light after all. Unfortunately, in the basement, with no air movement at all, I was still unable to get the unit trimmed to stand still. And when I nearly had it and the batteries ran out it seemed like I had to start from scratch after recharging them. YMMV but in the end I wasn't having any fun with it so I disassembled and returned the unit. Other comments: there is no GPS (for this price, not a surprise), but you should know that, too.

So the search for "my first drone" continues...