RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
hfournier

Dell PowerEdge T30 - drive setup

hfournier

Sorry, haven't done any testing.

HDrider209

hfournier, did you ever figure out a way to get RAID 5  to work with your T30?  That was my plan also, but I'm having a hard time finding a compatible controller.  Reading your post felt like a summary of what I was figuring out.  Wish I would have researched further before buying the T30.

Thanks!

hfournier

No, as stated earlier in this thread, I used the PEXSAT32 card to set RAID 1 on SSDs for the OS and used Storage Spaces for the data.

HDRKC07

I've been following this post and was wondering if you could tell me what kind of HDD you are using in your setup.  I'm thinking about getting a T30 to use as a home media server for Plex and also file backup for other pc's at home.  I had been using an old Pentium Quad Core 9400 for this purpose and it finally died.  I would like to get something that I don't have to build and came across some info on the internet regarding the T30 and how users were generally pleased with the performance.  In the same realm, I'm not familiar with this rig and had read that it was not advised to use WD Red 5400 rpm HDD in this server.  Is that true?  Also, can a video card be installed and if so what type.  Thank you

hfournier

I used WD Gold drives. Sorry, can't help you with the video question.

HDRKC07

Thanks, just ordered one from Dell for $299 - President's Day Sale