RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

so what is your script doing to my link?

nrf

so, dave, I whitelisted the forums under the promise you would not be putting ads in my face. but when I put a link to say, microsoft, into a post, it ends up sending me thru something called tradedoubler. ublock origin makes me intercede twice to get to microsoft. this doesn't seem right...

Edited by nrf

8 hours ago, nrf said:

so, dave, I whitelisted the forums under the promise you would not be putting ads in my face. but when I put a link to say, microsoft, into a post, it ends up sending me thru something called tradedoubler. ublock origin makes me intercede twice to get to microsoft. this doesn't seem right...

Show me the post where you see this.  I tried to find it but didn't get that reaction from uBlock.  It is more than likely the javascript that monetizes links.  That is the reason I ask you to whitelist.  I don't ask you to whitelist for zero ads.  I ask people to create accounts and contribute for no "random" ads.  Like google ads.  I also state that I may show what i deem to be "pertinent" ads or something I feel you may get value from.  Like the the images in the sidebar right.  Those are technically ads for RESET and my app.

If you don't like it just block the site.  I'll never know. ;) 

I thought this was pretty evident from our last conversation when you were questioning why I would ask you to turn off ad blockers on this site.  I've been up front with that for the life of the site. This site and most others on the internet make money if you click and buy something.  Yes, that offsets cost.

Again, I don't know what happened with your linking and I'm ok if you block the ads and the javascript that does the commission links.

Others that also block the ads are using Patreon to show their appreciation of this site.  Some have chosen to use PayPal.  Some will copy the links in the sidebar from the "Shop Now!" box and paste it into another window.  Others contribute great content and answer questions to those that post once and disappear with the answer.  However you and others choose to show appreciation for the site is completely up to the individual.  I'm just happy you are all here contributing.

I was expecting some 'action' to be taken by the script if I used a shopping link, and if I bought something after using it some micro-payment would go to you for that referral, but do you get some payment for the tracking operation I showed?

Edited by nrf