RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Synology Intergrates Acronis and Home Automation into NAS

ShadowPeo

Browsing around my Synology App store yesterday and what did I notice, but they now have Acronis integrated directly and officially supported, not even 1000 downloads on this thing yet. I do not use Acronis personally, But the integration gives me the thought to try it out, especially for mobile devices.

59bd7eaf7ee47_ScreenShot2017-09-17at05_39_40.thumb.png.95e4788b5c4146621293b1056e38bd00.png

The other one that got my attention was Eynio (https://eynio.com) server which does home automation and tablet control panels utilising web apps. I have not successfully got this working yet *its installed and running at least officially, but I cannot connect to the web interface for some reason. It integrates with a bunch of Home Automation stuff (https://eynio.com/wp/devices/) and it looks like exactly what I have been wanting for a while, now if I can just get into it and make it work

59bd7e9e48041_ScreenShot2017-09-17at05_41_35.thumb.png.0f22fd3199da13d2b67e4ebec100acea.png

• Like 1

Not sure about the automation app but the acronis integration looks nice.

Man, I can't decide if I want to buy a synology or not; they are so underpowered. But I also don't want to buy a server OS just so I can get the power I want, , i5 or 7 with at least 16 GB of memory. Ugh!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, ImTheTypeOfGuy said:

Man, I can't decide if I want to buy a synology or not; they are so underpowered. But I also don't want to buy a server OS just so I can get the power I want, , i5 or 7 with at least 16 GB of memory. Ugh!!!!!!!

I 100% agree, I do not want a server, but the half decent NAS boxes are so damned expensive and I can get better value out of a server