RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Reolink Argus vs Blink vs Homeboy Camera Shootout

Resist
11 hours ago, pcdoc said:

Just my two cents, but the speed of SD card has allot to do with it mainly because of the bandwidth required for HD video.  If you do not give it the speed it will not record correctly.

Yet Reolink link says a class 4 micro SD card works fine with the Argus.  I really think the false PIR alarm without recording is caused by something else.  Especially because when I get the notification and live view the camera nothing is there, which tells me of course it wouldn't record as there is nothing to record.

Dave

FWIW. I would get notification and nothing was in playback.  I formatted the card and it would record for 1/2 a day and then do the same thing.  Notify, but not record.  I swapped it for a class 10 "name brand" card and have not had issues since.  I'm not saying this is your fix but that was what I saw and what fixed it regardless of what Reolink has stated.

Resist

Dave, what brand SD card and memory did you get?  Apparently all Class 10 cards aren't the same, even with the same brand.  Makes buying complicated.

Edited by Resist

Dave

I've just been using SanDisk.

pcdoc

I am using a Samsung with no issues.

Resist
On 10/2/2017 at 7:00 PM, Dave said:

I've just been using SanDisk.

Which SanDisk?  All manufactures make different level of class 10 cards.  And this confuses consumers.

Edited by Resist

Resist

Dave, how's your review of the Argus coming along?  I've just had my 4th set of batteries die in one of my 6 Argus and 1 Keen cameras.  This one lasted around 3 months.  I've gone through 24 batteries overall so far, very disappointing and costly.

I like that the Argus has 1080p, two way coms and a siren.  But what's the point if it all comes at cost of a huge battery drain?  You can't even access the app settings, without battery drain on the camera.  And it makes things worse by taking a screen shot while in settings or the PIR screen or battery status page, screen shots use up battery power.  At least Reolink gave us an option to turn off the blue light on the camera, to save some power.  But 6 second motion recordings suck, we should be able to adjust that in settings.

I like the looks, feel and portability of the Argus.  But the battery drain issue is getting expensive, especially if you have multiple cameras.  I'm kind of looking at the Blink XT as a replacement.  

Oh and by the way, the Samsung EVO 64GB U3 is the same price on Amazon and is a faster card.  Kind of expensive at $23 each for me to put them in all 7 of my cameras though.

Edited by Resist