schoondoggy

Orbi Pro business WiFi

schoondoggy

Guest SSID with T&C agreement built in.

Dave

Wow. I need some time to read on this.  Please tell me the Orbi app is going to be better!  I do like the separate networks aspect of it but I'm thinking about the home and not business.  I would love to see a separate managed network for cameras and one for Wi-Fi enabled smart devices.

575e3c4259977ab34430817f12d8743e.jpgScreen Shot 2017-08-31 at 1.19.49 PM.png

Jason

Those only differences from RBK50. And the new shape?

schoondoggy

They need to make a couple of tweaks to get Arlo Pro to backup to local NAS, but this could be a nice SMB or Retail bundle:

Orbi Pro

Arlo Pro

Ready NAS

• Like 1

itGeeks
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Those only differences from RBK50. And the new shape?

Not just the shape is different, The new Pro also has 3 SSID's and come with hardware to wall/ceiling mount. The only disappointment I see is no PoE support. Like Dave I would love to separate my wireless devices by SSID, I don't use wireless cams only wired but I would like to have one network for mobile devices and one for IoT/Home automation devices. I will be keeping an eye on this for sure.

Thanks for the info schoon....

schoondoggy

Perhaps Synology should consider tweaking their router firmware to create a 'business' version and offering extenders. Then bundled with their NAS and someones cameras.

• Like 1

Jason

Still an Orbi fan, but their consumer firmware updates are more infrequent than they should be. The platform has great range, but is hardly bulletproof. Now, they're expanding their product line further, only diluting their consumer focus.

Given Open Mesh's CloudTrax enhancements, am considering putting Netspot to work...ability to adjust transmit power per device and power by band per device could make for device roaming goodness. Just been too busy to dig into this.

itGeeks

I saw that to, At first sight seems pricey.