RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Don't have ACU/HP SSA (HP Smart Storage Administrator) nor Intelligent Provisioning

lgg42

Well, i first encounter the problem if the ILO4 self-test errors in POST screen, there are several threads.

This is due to the Flash/SDCARD not being able to initialize (fails) and appears as degraded in iLO.

After reading I decide to upgrade iLO from 2.10 to 2.54, same things happens.

The point is that after and before iLO upgrade I was not capable to get into the storage manager for the B120i.

It just gets me a blank screen after F5 or F11 pressed.

I also did the NAND format trick but still get the degraded error in iLO and not ACU/SSA.

Funny thing is I booted a Proliant Service pack image and could open the ACU from the DVD. And correctly configured the newly inserted hard drive.

Has this happened to anyone of you?

Loosing ACU/SSA and IP?

Can they be "reinstalled" again?

Thanks a lot for reading!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Mikey70
      By Mikey70
      After a shutdown my perfectly working HP Microserver gen8 with Windows Server 2016 didn't start again. In the HPE Smart Storage Administrator everything looks fine, the arrays are in place, but Windows don't seem to recognize it anymore. If I try to boot from the installation media I'm unable to load the b120i driver, the installtion just hangs. If I use Intelligent Provisioning I'm afraid to start the installation because it sais:

Pressing continue will install the  selected operating system and will reset all drives to a freshly installed state. Data currently on this server will be lost. This is normal when installing an operating system.

I choose to keep all array settings in the beginning of the guid. I'm ok with my system disk being wiped clean, but I don't wan't to loose the stuff that's on the other disks, there are photos, documents there that I need.

Does anyone know if the other disks are safe if I press continue? Or if there is a way to get the smart array recognized by Windows Server again?

Mikey