axoid

Add-in: WHS Transcoder for Handbrake

axoid    8
axoid

Functional description: WHS Transcoder for Handbrake

The add-in will be made up of two components: The WHS UI and the Windows service.

The UI will allow the user to configure the app on the settings panel. The first primary setting is the install location of the HandbrakeCLI.exe app, followed by setting transcode jobs.

In creating a transcode job the user will need the set the read folder, file filter (defaults to *.*), write folder, the Handbreak command line options and the delete on completion flag. There will also be the ability to create presets for the Handbreak command line options that can be selected during the job creation.

Displayed on the add-in main console screen will be a history list of the last 100 files that have been transcoded. There won’t be any real-time interaction between the UI and the service in the first version.

The service will perform the transcoding by calling the HandbreakCLI.exe file that will be set in a configuration xml file. The service will wait 5 minutes after startup before it starts to process transcode jobs to allow the server to completely startup. Also the handbrake processing will be performed at a lower priority to prevent it from interfering with timely processing other server functions.

Feel free to discuss and offer suggestions.

-Bill

Edited by axoid

Dave    277
Dave

I say get it in beta so we can start testing!

axoid    8
axoid

I say get it in beta so we can start testing!

I have a console program running that is the functional prototype for the Windows Service, but it needs a couple of tweaks. I'm currently working of the UI portion, but I'm currently having problems with the add-in installer script.

dvn    15
dvn

Take this problem to the developers forum for input? Just a thought.

axoid    8
axoid

I'm hoping to have a beta ready in a week or so.

dvn    15
dvn

Sounds good. Can't wait to see what you've come up with.

axoid    8
axoid

I'm looking for a few beta testers to play with the Transcoder add-in. For those who are interested just reply in this thread and say you want to test.

Handbrake just released a new version so I need to do some checking to make sure that the add-in is still good with it.

Satras    0
Satras

Hi,

I'm looking for a Handbrake addin for WHS2011 which can automatically convert files found in one folder to mkv files.

Does this do the job ?

Greg Welch    4
Greg Welch

I would also like to beta test,

a request for the ability to convert dvd and blu rips to a xbox format, would be great

pcdoc    107
pcdoc

If this is still going on, I would be interested as well.