Dave

CrashPlan is shutting down consumer side, going business only

jsox

I just migrated my 2.6TB of Crashplan Home to Crashplan Business. Took less than 5 minutes. Lost nothing. Had to re-upload nothing. Will cost me $2.50 / month starting July 2018 and $10 / month starting July 2019. Who knows, maybe by July 2019 I'll plan on doing something else, but in the meantime this was simple and easy for me and I have a great deal of faith in Crashplan.

• Like 2

GavinCampbell
31 minutes ago, jsox said:

I just migrated my 2.6TB of Crashplan Home to Crashplan Business. Took less than 5 minutes. Lost nothing. Had to re-upload nothing. Will cost me $2.50 / month starting July 2018 and $10 / month starting July 2019. Who knows, maybe by July 2019 I'll plan on doing something else, but in the meantime this was simple and easy for me and I have a great deal of faith in Crashplan.

I was going to do the same shortly too. Seems like a no brainer.

Does the business version use different backup software?

jsox

Does the business version use different backup software?

I run Crashplan on a Windows Home Server 2011 box (HP N40L). After upgrading (maybe a couple of hours later) I logged into that box and the software came up with "Crashplan Pro" as its name. But it was still running a local backup  and a backup to the cloud, same as it was before.