RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

CrashPlan is shutting down consumer side, going business only

Jason

Confirming CP Small Business is unlimited. Unfortunately it appears all data backed up to CP Home cloud doesn't migrate over to Small Business and will inevitably need to be backed up again.

Dave

CP Home to CP Small Business doesn't migrate? Are we sure about that? I thought it did.

Sent from my Pixel using RESET Forums mobile app.

Joe_Miner
3 hours ago, schoondoggy said:

I am on the Crashplan Family Unlimited $149.99 per year. There was also Crashplan Individual Unlimited for $59.99 per year;

https://www.lifewire.com/crashplan-review-2617952

Same here.  I have till February to decide what to do.....................

Jason
Ok. I see what you were talking about. You have 6tb. So yes, anything over 5tb per machine you have to start over.

https://crashplanforhome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001038752-Details-on-migrating-to-CrashPlan-for-Small-Business

Sent from my Pixel using RESET Forums mobile app.

Yes, but wasn't sure whether that meant if over 5 TB, restarts entire process. Or if it migrates 5 TB, and re-uploads the delta.

Dave

Regardless, it is going to catch a lot of folks in a state of flux and hopefully nobody has any data loss.  If you are migrating to a different provider there could be a considerable amount of time that you do not have a cloud backup.  Size, upload speeds, etc.  All will effect the migration to a new service.  Multiple backups will be needed onsite and moved offsite. IMO that is.

Jason

Am seriously considering CP Small Business as my migration path. My CP home subscription expires in March 2018 giving me sufficient time to start now. Have used Carbonite in the pat and found it, particularly the client app painful. Also will be backing up a single machine, being a WSE12R2 box, and don't want to deal with any server OS incompatibility issues. Never truly considered Backblaze. Also using Amazon Glacier already as a secondary cloud backup for some files.

Edit: one catch, I currently backup a Mac to my WSE12R2 box. Then the WSE12R2 box to the cloud. Under CP SB option, this would be considered 2 machines x $10 or $20/mo. That's what I was hoping to avoid.

Jason

I tend to agree. Also, for any Mac users, it appears you can use Cloudberry Backup for Mac to a Windows Server file share that is included in your CrashPlan for Small Business subscription. Therefore backing up both machines for $2.50/mo with the 75% discount. While this wasn't necessary under CP Home Unlimited, it seems to be a viable workaround.

kpratte

And what further complicates things is that Crashplan runs on Server OSes and Linux.  Backblaze runs on neither of those which seems to be the case for many of the cloud backup solutions.