RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
brisingr

TVS-471 VS TVS-473

brisingr

I think my HP WHS died over the weekend... I still need to validate it's not just the hard drive, but I have been so busy I have not had a chance... I have been looking at Synology & QNAP boxes, and recently decided that Synology just didn't offer hardware that I would be satisfied with.  I plan to run PLEX on the NAS, and when I looked at the Plex NAS Compatibility sheet, Synology just didn't offer competitive hardware when compared to QNAP (at least in my price range / feature set). 

That being said, I am trying to decided between the TVS-471 (Intel  CPU and the TVS-473 (AMD cpu).  I am partial to Intel, but want the best value for my money...

The one concern I have moving from WHS is client backup...   I am looking at 

• Acronis True Image 
  • Paragon Backup & Recovery 16
  • Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows

I will appreciate any feedback /  thoughts y'all can share...

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I have been looking at the Synology DiskStation DS1817+ is a 8-bay NAS powered by a quad-core 2.4 GHz CPU with 8 GB of DDR3 memory. QNAP has more powerful boxes than that?

brisingr
I have been looking at the Synology DiskStation DS1817+ is a 8-bay NAS powered by a quad-core 2.4 GHz CPU with 8 GB of DDR3 memory. QNAP has more powerful boxes than that?

The 1817+ has an Atom C2538 processor, which the Plex compatibility list indicates May struggle with some high bitrate HD media. The TVS-471 HAS A 4th generation I3.

Sent from my SM-T820 using RESET Forums mobile app.

I only want a 4 or 5 bay device

Sent from my SM-T820 using RESET Forums mobile app.