RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP P222 w 512MB FBWC - upgrade cache

tangcla

can it even be done? i thought P222/512 FBWC was the highest you can go. i know on the P4xx you can change from 512 BBWC to 1GB FBWC.

can it even be done? i thought P222/512 FBWC was the highest you can go. i know on the P4xx you can change from 512 BBWC to 1GB FBWC.
There are 1GB and 2GB modules available for the P222.

Can you post a link? im a google master and cant find anything :lol: i would not imagine there would be masses of performance gain between the 512 and the 1gb but maybe 512 to 2gb as more would be processed in flash without maxing the cache. then again, are you processing enough to warrant that increase in a micro server. some smash hell out their cards with VM's etc. so not questioning your requirements, just be good to know if you are even topping out the 512 on your current utilization.

****EDIT**** Saying that, ive just found both on ebay, and to top that, i purchased a card that a member here is holding for me till im back in the UK and its a 512 and had looked at upgrading to 1GB. #DingBat!

Edited by eddie563

• 3 weeks later...

Haha!

Yeah, I don't know if I'd be needing it. I use it to store photos (raw photos + small sidecar metadata files) and have dual Gigabit ethernet into the machine + dual gigabit to my desktop to SSD, so I can sustain 200MB/sec for an extended duration.