Dave

2017 Eclipse Coverage and Photos

Dave    277
Dave

We got the opposite. It got hazy at the 90% part but otherwise we saw the whole process start to finish. Lucky that the clouds allowed that! There was a couple of clouds that covered it but that was the break we needed to rest our necks from looking up! 

ImTheTypeOfGuy    31
ImTheTypeOfGuy

Pretty insignificant in Houston. It barely dimmed the light. Temp did drop about four degrees. It was a let down. Wish I could have been at a zoo where it went totally dark. I heard an interview of a zoologist on NPR and some of the animals freaked out.

ImTheTypeOfGuy    31
ImTheTypeOfGuy
6 hours ago, Dave said:

You can clog the freeways in 2024 @ImTheTypeOfGuy

I'm betting it's going to be a mess in TX that day.  https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8

No, no, no, no. I plan to clog a zoo. After the radio interview on NPR I want to hear the animals go crazy. Besides, the freeways are clogged here every day.

AwesomeSpaceMonkey    1
AwesomeSpaceMonkey

I flew up to Idaho from San Diego. I was at a little restaurant just north of Weiser. Pretty much on the center line. The weather was perfect. It was a hot day and you could really feel the temperature drop about 30min before totality. The crowds weren't too bad at all. They were predicting hours of backed up traffic and I think it scared a lot of people away. It was my second total eclipse and the first for my wife and uncle. We had a blast. We're all ready to head to Texas in 2024. Here's my best shot of totality. Not the greatest but I wanted to enjoy the experience instead of fussing with my camera.

Fixed-00550sm.jpg

• Thanks 1