RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

D-Link Launches AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router for 4K Streaming and Gaming

Dave

D-Link today announced the immediate availability of its newest EXO Series Router, the AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882). The AC2600 EXO router delivers premium performance for 4K HD streaming, gaming and multiple device usage. The new router is packed with a number of premium features and provides the perfect combination of performance and ease of use.

The AC2600 EXO router features amazing dual-band speeds of up to 2,533 Mbps1, a high performance dual-core processor for powerful wired and wireless network speeds, and AC SmartBeam technology which tracks connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range. The AC2600 EXO router also features USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports for establishing a private storage to stream videos, photos, music, and files throughout the home. In addition, the router includes the latest MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology, which provides a high-bandwidth Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices at the same time.

“The AC2600 EXO router is hands-down the fastest router in our lineup this year and is specifically designed for 4K streamers and gamers,” said Oscar Reyes, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “This router offers users the ability to maintain the strongest Wi-Fi signal on multiple devices at one time – whether streaming, gaming, surfing the web, or working from home, this is the router to rely on.”

The AC2600 EXO router supports up to four data streams to maximize connection speeds to multiple devices simultaneously. Users can play an online video game on one device, while streaming 4K HD videos to another device at the same time, all with less buffering and lag for an optimal user experience throughout a home. The AC2600 EXO router also supports the latest 160 MHz bandwidth, doubling the throughput on support devices to help ensure the fastest possible speeds and to optimize intense data transfer. The combination of these features makes the router ideal for 4K HD streaming and lag-free online gaming.

More about the AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882):

·         Dual Band Wi-Fi Performance – Up to 800 + 1733 Mbps in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz

·         Powerful Dual-Core Processor – Boosts wireless and wired performance

·         MU-MIMO Ready – Delivers maximum speed for each device

·         4 x 4 Data Streams – Supports 4 data streams for increased throughput

·         80/160 MHz Support – Double bandwidth for intensive data transfer

·         USB 3.0/2.0 Port – Remotely stream stored music, movies, photos, and more

·         High Power Antenna – Wider coverage throughout a home

·         QoS – Prioritize network traffic for seamless streaming and gaming

·         DLNA Support – Compatible with DLNA supportive media players, game consoles and TVs

·         Advanced AC SmartBeam – Tracks connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range

·         Gigabit WAN and LAN Ports – Maximizes performance of wired devices like gaming consoles and desktop computers for the ultimate gaming multi-media experience

Availability and Pricing

The AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882) is available now for $149.99 through D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail partners. Detailed specifications are available online at D-Link’s website.

On Amazon, $149.99

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• ChappyEight
      By ChappyEight
      Okay, so I'll be moving in about a month to a different home and I'm trying to gather the necessary materials to set up a relatively extensive mixed home network.  In order to simply get off the ground and get started, I've chosen the following pieces of equipment:

Modem:  Our area is served by Spectrum and here's the list of the approved modems.  Any suggestions on one of these? Router: Cisco RV320 Firewall Device: Do you recommend hardware here or use the router's software firewall? Switch: Cisco SG200 Access Point: Cisco Aironet 3602I Controller: Cisco 2504  
      So, I'm a complete novice when it comes to building a mixed home network that will eventually entail a server room, NAS, etc.  However, I do know that I want all Gigabit equipment and the switch I chose is ginormous simply because I want the overhead to add connections later (IOW, I don't mind that it's overkill).  Also, again just because I can, I'm looking to get primarily enterprise quality equipment.  I'm not looking to burn money just to burn money, but I'm also not afraid to spend a little for a more quality network and something to learn on.

If I'm thinking correctly, I'll connect into the modem , then to the router, then to the firewall (if necessary), then to the switch, then have the controller in one of the switch ports and the POE AP in one of the POE ports on the switch.  This, then, should give me both wired (by plugging Cat6a into the switch for other devices) and wireless access (via the AP), correct?  Am I forgetting/missing something?

Really appreciate you entertaining this novice as I try to learn/build this network.  You can see my ultimate goals here (Lofty, I know).
    • Dave
      By Dave
      Look what D-Link showed up with!  Covr

$299 at Amazon - http://amzn.to/2eM74RT

Covr Wi-Fi System Key Features Include:
      ●     MU-MIMO Technology: Efficiently handles large groups of concurrent users
      ●     11AC Wireless Speeds2:
      -       AC2600 Dual-Band MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (COVR-2600R) – 4x4 11ac with up to 1733Mbps on the 5GHz band and 800Mbps on 2.4GHz band for maximum throughput with less interference
      -       AC1300 Gigabit Wi-Fi Extender (COVR-1300E) – 2x2 11ac with up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz band and 400Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
      ●     Smart Roaming: Devices automatically connect to the router and range extender depending on which networking device provides the optimal Wi-Fi signal
      ●     More Coverage: Provides reliable Wi-Fi for up to 6,000 square feet of seamless coverage
      ●     QoS Engine: Traffic optimization improves gaming experience, ensuring game traffic is prioritized over other network traffic
      ●     Easy Setup: Router and Extender come pre-paired out of the box for simple setup
      ●     D-Link Wi-Fi App: The new D-Link Wi-Fi app provides quick and simple set up as well as device management
      ●     Backwards Compatible: Supports legacy devices and Wi-Fi standards (802.11n/g)
      ●     Three Year Limited Warranty: Includes a three year limited warranty and D-Link’s industry-leading customer service and support

Here is the full press release.

• DaMenace
      By DaMenace
      I have been looking at Synology for a great NAS and happened to stumble across this......https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/RT2600ac
      Does anyone know how this works?
    • doliveira
      By doliveira
      Hi,

I’m setting up my small office network and on my server I will use the “Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials” and I will want to enable and use the “Anywhere Access” and “VPN” build in features to have remote access to my server from outside.

Regarding this, my router uses as factory default the port 80 to access the admin interface. 

But I think I should change this in order for my router not to be visible from outside world, and also not to conflict with any of the Windows Server services, correct? It’s a best practice to do this correct?

If yes, I really don’t know which port I should use. I’m think on using port 8080 so the router access from inside my network will become: http://192.168.0.1:8080.

So can anyone please share your advice on which port I should use for my router admin interface access?

It must be a port that can only have access from my internal network and it must be a port not used by common services in order not to create conflicts. 

Thanks