RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Project fi for everyone!

Dave

I use Project fi as my mobile carrier and I think you should too.  I just got back from the Baltic Sea area and fi had me covered everywhere I went.  Denmark, Sweeden, Russia, Germany, Estonia, and Finland.  It was a great trip!  It was made better by the fact that I had connectivity and didn't have to mess with getting an international data plan from those other guys.  It worked in every country seamlessly.  

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 7.44.45 PM.png

You should try it.  I should tell you some good points about here in the states huh?  It uses T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular.  Whatever carrier has the better signal, that's what it uses.  It's also great over Wifi.  Messaging and calls can route over wifi and if you want to use that unsecured hotel wifi, Project fi will even setup a VPN for you on the fly.  I do that all the time.

It's easy to understand the billing too.  $20 a month per phone for the unlimited voice and messaging then $10 for 1Gb of data.  I use 1 to 2 Gb per month but I if I only use 1.2Gb per month, that's all I pay for.  I don't have to pay for the full Gb if I don't use it.  I love that part of fi.

The fi app is awesome and easy to see your billing. You also get 24/7 support via the app.  You can also add up to 5 people on your plan for only $15 each.  And, my other favorite part, tablet SIM's are FREE!!!  No monthly fee for tablet SIMS, just pay the data usage.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 7.34.34 PM.png

You can also pay for phones over 24 months at 0% interest or you can bring your own.  You can use other phones but the automatic switching will not work unless you have a fi supported phone, which are the ones above.

https://g.co/fi/r/9WX36D

You should try it. Sign up via this link and you and I both will get $20 credit to our bill.  I originally joined to try out the network and I also loved the idea of a new style of wireless service that's simple and straightforward.  I absolutely hate the way that the major carriers play with your data and look for every way possible to stick you with fees and charges.  fi put an end to that for me.

• Like 1