Sign in to follow this  
schoondoggy

Candelabra style (small base) dimmable 60w  LED recommendations

schoondoggy    562
schoondoggy

I need to replace the bulbs in the dinning room light fixture, five of them. They would need to be, Candelabra style (small base) B13? dimmable 60w  LED. Most stores seem to have Sylvania brand for this type of application. Sylvania bulbs look OK, but I seem to be having a high fail rate with their LED's. Any brand and color recommendations would be appreciated.

depillow    1
depillow

I have been getting all types of LED lamps from Batteries Plus of all places. They have a fair price and have the "Daylight" levels of lamps. The Candelabra style of lamps are extremely hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

up7500    12
up7500

I have had good luck with the LED bulbs from IKEA.  Used mostly there bulbs when we built the new house approx. 3 years ago and have only had one bulb fail.  That one was in a kitchen light fixture that is on the most of any of them.

• Like 1

schoondoggy    562
schoondoggy

Local chain store had six Feit BPCFF60/827/LED/2 open box returns for 50% off. They look very good, but they did not like my GE Jasco Zwave dimmer switch, switched off at full brightness and a bit of flicker at low light. Checked the Feit website, they had a list of recommended dimmers. Leviton was listed. I had a Leviton Zwave dimmer from a sale at Woot.com. Swapped dimmers and all seems to be working OK now.

Just a reminder to check compatibility between dimmers and LED's.

depillow    1
depillow

Dimmers and LED lamps have a hard time getting along. Sometimes they won't come on when the dimmer is set too low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Tree    2
Big Tree

I don't know if you've found what you need yet, but I've had really good luck with Costco's dimmable LED's