RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
DaMenace

Memory Question

DaMenace

I have a 64gb SD Card in my Microserver N54l Gen8 with Server 2012 R2. Is it possible to utilize the SD card for memory, and how?

richu75
I have a 64gb SD Card in my Microserver N54l Gen8 with Server 2012 R2. Is it possible to utilize the SD card for memory, and how?

Fvishxdu

DaMenace

Is there a comment you were going to make?

DaMenace
8 hours ago, richu75 said:

Fvishxdu

What is this?

schoondoggy

The microSD card should show up as a removable storage device, like other USB devices. I thought it would be a good spot to host memory based OS's like ESXi, HyperV, FreeNAS, but some have found issues with using the microSD card slot. Occasionally on reboot it disappears. Not sure if this was fixed. 

DaMenace

That is the answer I was curious about. Thanks a bunch my friend.

Shonk
On 16/07/2017 at 6:58 PM, schoondoggy said:

The microSD card should show up as a removable storage device, like other USB devices. I thought it would be a good spot to host memory based OS's like ESXi, HyperV, FreeNAS, but some have found issues with using the microSD card slot. Occasionally on reboot it disappears. Not sure if this was fixed. 

it was fixed with an sd card controller update a while back

Embedded Flash/SD-CARDController firmware revision 2.10.00 /128 GB SD-CARD in internal slot 

Edited by Shonk
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• dxzdxz1
      By dxzdxz1
      This is my first post here but I've been lurking in this forum for quite sometime now, and from what I understand, the only reason that we couldn't achieve 32gb ram on the Microserver Gen8 was because there was no 16gb unbuffered ecc ram available before.

I was searching for a memory module meeting this criteria and I found this one. My question is, letting aside this ridiculous price, is there any compatibility issue that could make this ram won't work on the Microserver Gen8?

Most of the threads here about memory compatibility are quite old and I didn't want to revive an old thread just to ask this, so I'm creating this one.

Thanks in advance.
    • milev
      By milev
      Hi,

I have upgraded from G1610T to E3-1265Lv2 with success but the memory speed which is still stuck at 1333MHz instead of 1600Mhz.

I have 2 x 4GB DIMMs with one be the original HPE DIMM and the other a Crucial 4GB 240 Pin DDR3 1600 MTps PC3-12800 CL11 Unbuffered ECC UDIMM Memory Module )(https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IW4M9PK/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item)

The iLO memory summary is always showing:

and while I am on the latest firmware ....

The BIOS options available are : 1066, 1333, Auto
      I have also tried the power setting to "max performance" but still the memory speed remains to 1333Mhz

Any ideas on how to set the memory operating frequency to 1600Mhz ?

• usacic
      By usacic
      I just updated my Surface RT to 8.1 and I am loving it. It is faster prettier and smoother. However, I don't seem to be able to get the photo app to display any pictures from my SD card. Any one else having this issue? any one with a temporary fix?
    • GByOBRRLZG
      By GByOBRRLZG
      Hello current Surface Pro users,

Does your Surface Pro have enough memory installed to do its tasks?  Does it ever seem to lag due to lack of memory?  If so what types of tasks were you doing?

Thank you.
    • kokerson
      By kokerson
      Any advice on this issue would be appreciated.

I have Surface RT running windows 8.1 with 2 gig of RAM and the 32 bit OS

When I use my finger to scroll through docs in PDF viewer, the screen gets blurry and then if I keep trying to page down, the screen will turn white then it takes a few seconds (seems like forever) for the screen or whatever to "catch up" then the doc text is displayed.

Any advice on what causes this?  Is it just a limitation of the machine?  Not enough memory?  The PDF viewing app?  I don't know where to start to look for a fix... other than buy another faster device?

Kevin