RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Dell T30 8gb, 1TB, Xeon processor $329 shipped

nrf

Interesting buy. Curious how the Xeon 1225 v5 would compare to a Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570K? Also do these systems have IPMI?

I'm likely to do a new WSE build at some point but not sure what I want to do yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure if you believe in passmark, but that xeon is 7758 versus 7151 for the i5, not that much difference.

is intel AMT close enough to IPMI? 

not sure if you believe in passmark, but that xeon is 7758 versus 7151 for the i5, not that much difference.

is intel AMT close enough to IPMI? 

Thanks nrf. I suppose passmark is as good a benchmark as any. I've been waiting until I reach a point where Plex can't handle the remote streams before rebuilding my WSE12R2 box. It's on an older Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H consumer (non server) motherboard. Figured when the time comes, I'd move toward the most energy efficiency Core i7 variant at that time vs a marginal upgrade. Simply because I don't want to have to do a clean install. I don't have any experience using a backup tool to migrate to new hardware. The thought scares me unless this functionality has proven reliable?

Yes, I suppose Intel AMT offers same as IPMI. In future I'll use this remote management hardware for any router or server builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk