RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Prime Day

schoondoggy

Nah, nothing really catching my eye..

Might get one of the newer FireTV sticks though, bit pokier than last years model and comes with the voice remote as well now..

I thought the Echo sale price was a good buy. Problem though is that I don't want an echo. I haven't seen anything else yet. I was hoping there would be a big list here.

Picked up an Echo, plan to put it in the bedroom and move my Dot to my office.  Also grabbed a Cyberpower UPS, probably not a great deal, but not bad.  Tempted by the big Kitchenaid pro mixer, just can't convince myself that the deal is good enough to replace the smaller one I have, 239.99 is real good if you ever wanted one..  Watching some cables, gift cards, the Logitech Harmony, and a couple Insteon things.  We will see if they are good deals or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trig0r said:

I've got the echo dot already but don't really use it for much outside of playing music..

Playing music is the only reason I thought it might be worth the Echo. I am sure my kids would love it. Problem is I figure my wife and I would get annoyed by it given we have a great sound system inside and outside the home and we hate their music.

Can you plug a dot into a receiver for better sound?

I don't have either an Echo or a Dot. Other than asking it questions I'd probably mostly use it for background music. Should I buy the Echo for $90 or the Dot for $35? I have no home automation other than a Ring doorbell. Does either one work as a chime for a ring?

Depends if you have a receiver and speakers to hook up to or a blue tooth speaker, go with the Dot.  If not go for the Echo.  I sometimes use my DOT that is not plugged into a system in the bedroom to listen to music, but the built in speaker does not get very loud or sound the best.  The speaker on the Echo might not be the best but works great in the kitchen to listen to music for us.

No I don't think you can use either as a chime for the a Ring doorbell, though you might be able to use them to talk to someone on the Ring.  I have not looked into the Ring skill for Alexa.  Though I am pretty sure the new Show will give you the video from the Ring.

I also picked up some Anker micro USB cables, a Insteon water sensor, and some grill mats.  I missed out on the Harmony.