RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Help, WHS won't boot up

fshave

I opened my WHS to make some measurements for new SATA cables and also re routed some of the power cables for the drives. The I powered up the WHS and it would not post. Power was getting to the MB becuase the LED on the MB is lit. Reseated the two power cabels ggoing to the MB and get the same symptom. Then I took out the second RAM stick and the server gets passed post but never get to the login screen for WHS. WHS is doing something in the background because the WHS logo appears and the hard drive LED is on constant. It's been that way for a day and half. It did reboot by itself one time (that I am aware of) but it went back to same symptom, WHS logo that its trying to load. I have some plugins but it's only a few. CPU is a Pentium 4 (2.4) with 1 gig of RAM currently.

Do you think that I screwed something up with the drives and it's trying to re-balamce or something. Should I try to disconnect all the drives except the OS drive to see if it loads? Can't really think of anything elase to do, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I take it this is a home built rig since you have video access. Try booting into Safe Mode and see if you can isolate the issue in the Event Viewer.