Joe_Miner

SDM-BETA in Gen10 MicroServer

Joe_Miner

I already had been running with a SDM-BETA in the G10 MS with a Samsung SSD mounted on it.  I switched out the Samsung and replaced it with a WL500GLSA8100 10K RPM 500GB 2.5" drive and it has been running well for some time now.  Works well IMO.

DSC_0067CROP.jpg

Capture04.JPG

Capture03.JPG

Capture02.JPG

Capture05.JPG

DSC_0121CROP.jpg

• Like 1

hfournier

How long are the SATA cables to reach the OS SSD drive in the ODD bay? And is it better to use straight or angled connectors at either end?

Edited by hfournier

Joe_Miner

I used standard 18" SATA III cables with straight connectors on each end.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Gulftown
      By Gulftown
      I have bought Seagate Enterprise ST8000NM055 drives.

There are few things you should know about this model - it is expensive compared to many other 8Tb models, it has extended warranty, it is made with closed drive case so the mounting holes are not screwed through.

The problem is I couldn't put the hole screw inside so the drive isn't fixed and I also got a problem wheh putting the drive rail inside the cage as the screw top makes it too wide.

Has anyone met this problem?

I've bought some spare screws on Ebay to shorten them (I don't want to mess arount with genuine screws) so they can fit but the parcel was lost.
    • razormw
      By razormw
      Hi, I have an HPE Proliant  Microserver Gen10  x3216  with ubuntu server installed. 

Recenty i decided to check my CPU frequency (in ubuntu and in the EFI) and i realised that it only runs at 1.6Ghz max even though specifications claims that it can go up to 3.0Ghz.
      Do you know if there is something i can do about it? I´ve already called HPE to ask for help but the only answer i got was "we do not support overclock" even though it´s not overclock because the values are withing the factory limits that they claim it can work.

I tried to make several stress test and put the server under heavy CPU loads but all i can get is 1.6Ghz.

Sorry if i made any mistakes , english it´s not my first language.

link to APU specs: https://www.amd.com/en/opteron
    • Phil Croxford
      By Phil Croxford
      Hi,

Not sure if this is a taboo subject?? but delete if needed.
      I have bought a Gen 10 Micro Server for my home so i can run a Plex Server in house. i have all the drivers and updates that i need from the HP website
      but gone and noticed that the Bios update i need from what i can gather i need a contract? I'm not sure what to do?
      how do i get the bios update for this server?

when i bought this server its running on 5.12 version with a build date of 05/25/2017 so my bios is well out of date.

can any one guide me in the right direction to get the update?

thanks