Joe_Miner

SDM-BETA in Gen10 MicroServer

Joe_Miner

I already had been running with a SDM-BETA in the G10 MS with a Samsung SSD mounted on it.  I switched out the Samsung and replaced it with a WL500GLSA8100 10K RPM 500GB 2.5" drive and it has been running well for some time now.  Works well IMO.

DSC_0067CROP.jpg

Capture04.JPG

Capture03.JPG

Capture02.JPG

Capture05.JPG

DSC_0121CROP.jpg

• Like 1

hfournier

How long are the SATA cables to reach the OS SSD drive in the ODD bay? And is it better to use straight or angled connectors at either end?

Edited by hfournier

Joe_Miner

I used standard 18" SATA III cables with straight connectors on each end.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Bungow
      By Bungow
      Hello

I have a Micreoserver gen8 with a new P222 and 4 X 4TB WD red drives forming a raid6 array. The problem is i can hear a loud noise comming from HDD like a intense reading disk operation, but when disks suposly are idle. This happen periodicaly like each 15 minutos or so. I think this can be a checking disk operation from p222 raid card but is anoying and I'm not sure. Can you provide any hint to this?

Thank You
    • Thorain73
      By Thorain73
      Just received my new Gen10 server, as a replacement for my ReadyNas Duo.

The issue i'm having is there are no caddy's included, had a search on Ebay and other well know internet sites.  I'm just unable to see any that specifically mention compatibility with the Gen 10.

I've got two HDD Barracuda35 4TB 256MB 5.4K 3.5 SATA i'm after installing

Can any one point me at some compatible caddys, ideally in the UK / EU region

Thanks

Stephen
    • JackoUK
      By JackoUK
      After 2 days and no problems with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update I thought I'd report my conversion experiences.

The upgrade was offered immediately on N36, N54 and Gen8 microservers, which in my case are running Windows 10 Pro.
      I accepted the 'in place' upgrade on 3 of my 4 machines ... with some trepidation since the last upgrade destroyed my shared folder configurations.
      No problems of any sort thus far: only the splash screens for the new features in Edge makes one aware that things have changed.
      'In place' with HDD's for the OS drive is .... very slow ... we're talking hours.

The 2nd of my Gen8 machines stalled mid way through upgrade ...but I don't think that was a server or Windows problem: when I reverted to the old OS version disk errors were reported so I suspect the OS disk is on its way out.
      After repairing bad blocks I tried a clean reinstall. This is much faster (40 minutes) but one has to reinstall programs and reconfigure. Not a problem since this is only a file server, so only shared folders to reset. I'm glad this happened in one way ... good I think to remind oneself of how to handle a rebuild ... since I could not find the B120i driver file ... or indeed any other HP drivers for the Gen8, which should have been in my machine installation archive. Corrected.

The usual sites were reporting that the new version of Onedrive requires manual installation. Worked fine.

Time to explore the new features then.
      I've had it in the back of my mind to try REFS via Storage Spaces for some time. Unfortunately this is another case of NASDAQ:MSFT going backwards for consumers: that option is now removed and only available in the new Windows Pro for Workstations edition. Which I won't be buying.
      To be fair though the upgrade has worked without problems on LINX 1010 tablets and my old DELL PC, SAMSUNG laptop, so my initial reaction is to give MSFT the thumbs up.
      Hope everyone else has good experiences too!
    • Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      Unbox ML110 Gen10 at RESET Meetup

This is a video of the unboxing of the HPE ProLiant ML1100 Gen10 at the RESET Meetup #Indy2017 on September 30, 2017.  More to follow in the Forums in the future.