RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Surface 3 Dock $18

Trig0r

Tried the dock firmware updates?

• Like 1

Dave
Tried the dock firmware updates?

Still working on it. It doesn't see any updates so I've been trying to get insider build off of it. Not really MS fault at this point. I don't have a good USB bootable stick laying around. Needs 16 GB stick and everything I have 16 GB or over is not booting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using RESET Forums mobile app.

Trig0r

Still working on it. It doesn't see any updates so I've been trying to get insider build off of it. Not really MS fault at this point. I don't have a good USB bootable stick laying around. Needs 16 GB stick and everything I have 16 GB or over is not booting.

Not booting..
You diskpart one and all that jazz to make it bootable?
  • Like 1

Dave

And....finally...I think I have Win 10 on my Surface 3!  I think it was a multitude of things and one cranky S3.

Dave

Dock is loaded up with the Surface 3 and the Ethernet connection has been on for over 5 minutes! Winner, Winner...  I'm going to update it since it is sitting at an old version. Hopefully that will roll as smooth. This has been an adventure but needed to happen. I need a new "insider" device now.

Dave

And once again Ethernet is out. Every time it boots up I get a USB error and can't seem to clear it up. USB drives work when plugged in to the dock. Delete via device manager is a nogo. Go into airplane mode and Surface ethernet pops up in device manager and then goes away. 714f78c7175caccc41b066ba86fb888d.jpg

Something USB on my Surface 3 or the dock. Win 10 Home. May try a pro on it. Getting old now. I'm all ears!

Dave

Ya. It wouldn't run. Maybe because of home? As of now I can't get the adapter to work long enough to do any digging on it.

Trig0r

If you cant get the to Ethernet adapter settings maybe try looking in Power Options, change advanced power settings, then in there look for USB Settings.

schoondoggy
2 hours ago, Trig0r said:

Did you try the dock updater?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46703

Can't see it being a Home/Pro issue tbh, have you tried going into the Ethernet adapter settings, while its working and turning off power management features?

The dock updater seems to only support the Surface Pro docks.