RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Surface 3 Dock $18

awraynor

I thought it might be too good to be true. E-mailed the link to the guy who bought my Surface 3. 

Right now enjoying the brydge keyboard on my Pro4. Quite laptop like with this keyboard. 

Dave

Got mine. Works like a champ!

IMG_20170703_151458.jpg

Dave

I had to power off and back on to get the network connection be recognized. Otherwise all went well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using RESET Forums mobile app.

Joe_Miner

Got mine on the 5th and it works really great!

schoondoggy

These are down to $16.92. Supplies are running out.

Dave

Follow Up:

My S3 drops Ethernet connection around 5 minutes after a fresh restart. The only way to get it to recognize the port is to reboot. So, totally not worth the small amount I paid for it.  Unless, it is due to an insider build on it. I may try to wrestle the Insider Program off of it,  I already reduced it to slow ring due to other issues.   Pen mostly.

schoondoggy
12 hours ago, Dave said:

Follow Up:

My S3 drops Ethernet connection around 5 minutes after a fresh restart. The only way to get it to recognize the port is to reboot. So, totally not worth the small amount I paid for it.  Unless, it is due to an insider build on it. I may try to wrestle the Insider Program off of it,  I already reduced it to slow ring due to other issues.   Pen mostly.

I am running Ethernet and have not seen this issue. I am not running insider. I am having an issue with the headphone jack on the dock disappearing after undocking and redocking. The Surface shows it as a unrecognized USB device. Power cycling the dock with the Surface not in the dock fixes the issue, but that is a pain. There appears to be firmware upgrades to Surface docks, but I have not found the correct file for this one. 

Trig0r

My little Dell 8" loses wifi connection after the same sort of time as well, I don't use it much so haven't really had a play with it, I too was running insider..

Dave

The Surface 3 keeps a steady wifi connection.  I've never had issues with it dropping.  I bought the dock so I would have an Ethernet port primarily.  Bummer that it's acting so crazy.  Still need to sit down with it. Probably wipe it and go back to latest stable version, not an insider build.