Joe_Miner

HPE ProLiant Gen10 MicroServer Hardware VIDEO

FreeN@S    5
FreeN@S

interesting, how does it look ?  i thought you already checked that...

gjp1120    0
gjp1120

Why CPU socket looks like Intel LGA?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

schoondoggy    588
schoondoggy
7 hours ago, gjp1120 said:

Why CPU socket looks like Intel LGA?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It is animation. The CPU is not in a socket.

Dave    277
Dave

Interesting that they showed it that way though.  Next frames they specifically stated memory upgrades with the UDIMM slots.

@Joe_Miner Get that heatsink off anyway! We want to see!

Joe_Miner    236
Joe_Miner
On 7/1/2017 at 9:49 AM, schoondoggy said:

It is animation. The CPU is not in a socket.

On 7/1/2017 at 11:52 AM, Dave said:

Interesting that they showed it that way though.  Next frames they specifically stated memory upgrades with the UDIMM slots.

@Joe_Miner Get that heatsink off anyway! We want to see!

Correct, the CPU is not in a socket!

DSC_0160CROP.jpg

WP_20170721_13_48_11_ProCROP.jpg

• Like 1

Joe_Miner    236
Joe_Miner

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0160CROP.jpg

DSC_0157CROP.jpg

WP_20170721_13_48_26_Pro.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rickU2D
      By rickU2D
      Hi Guys,
             Was hoping someone with experience with Freenas might be able to help. I set up Freenas on my gen8 and everything was working great. Freenas was installed with a network cable plugged in to the Ilo port. All was fine until I needed to re-arrange my office. Shutdown the gen8, unplugged the cable. moved everything, plugged it back in. Now, network interfaces will not connect. Can't ping, etc,.
      I tried to re-configure the interface from the shell (through Ilo). Tried static, dhcp, tried some tip I read re-  disableing msi and msix. No dice. I have an N54L running as a DC. I also tried deleting and re-adding DNS records, so far, to no avail.
      Anyone deal with this situation before?
      If this is not an appropriate question for this forum, please excuse me. I was trying to avoid signing up to yet another forum (freenas).

Any help greatly appreciated!

regards
    • Groovedude
      By Groovedude
      Hi all,

firstly great forum here, I've recently lost my old N36L, finally died a death  

i am now now looking to replace but I wanted to know if you can fit a 5th hard disk in the optical bay?

many Thanks.
    • Aleksander
      By Aleksander
      Hi guys!
      Trying to configure AlertMail in iLO, but I don't receive a mail. I have installed Debian, need I to configure mail server (postfix) on it?
    • luckyfabian@gmail.com
      By luckyfabian@gmail.com
      Hi all,

I recently obtained a Standard license for 2016 Server and was thinking to run it on a new box. Can somebody please correct me because AFAIK a Standard 2016 license is ok for 2 cores (dual-core) how does this work if I obtain a server with 4 cores? I was looking at HPE Gen10 Proliant but no ILO (as I have a Gen8 VMware box). I am thinking however to get another Gen8 box but could do with your advice please as following...

As my Microserver Gen8 box has 16gb (which I believe is the maximum amount of memory supported? Or somebody could say otherwise) I have Win2012 R2 running on one VM (ESXi v6), I COULD provision another VM for running Win2016 Standard, do you think this would be feasible with 16gb in total on the Server?? Plus with 2016 Standard License I can run two Hyper V VM's (was thinking a Win10 and maybe a Win7 clients) so I was thinking a barebones server (maybe another Gen8 Microserver, not sure about the new HPE Gen10's as no ILO and I want the ILO functionality) or was looking at the ML Gen9 XEON server recently (no ILO but I believe can switch with the onboard AMT) or was just looking at a Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M1 Xeon E3-1226 V3 16GB 2TB Tower Server, could anyone advise me on these?

I was thinking I could load 2016 on another VM and have 4gb provisioned for 2012 R2 and probably provision the rest of the memory (12gb) for the 2016 Server with 2x Hyper V clients eventually
      Can someone confirm that I could run 2016 as a VM on my Gen8 Microserver or should I go for another server (not sure about the Microserver Gen10 boxes as no ILO) or was looking at the Fujitsu system as mentioned above.

ANY advice would be MOST GREATLY appreciated.

This Server is to practise Group Policy, Power Shell and setting up a Domain and a trial of Office365 to practise Azure AD at home probably over the internal network with a couple of PC's in the house, so nothing heavy.
      Thanks in advance,

Lucky