RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SWIDGET

barry

Hey everyone - wanted to bring you up to speed on something i just stumbled across that seems like to be a game changer.  And I dont say that lightly!  www.swidget.com.  you swap out your existing electrical outlets for this smart outlet which contains a module.  the module is interchangeable.  One of the modules is... you guessed it... an Alexa receiver which then mesh into your existing echo device net.  plus about a dozen other modules that include zigbee and z-wave compatible devices.  GAME CHANGER!!  It appears they're going to work on homekit as well as providing the community the ability to join their development team by distributing a kit for users to create a module.  

Hopefully once we know more about the functionality of this device it can be discussed on the show?  Maybe someone from Swidget can come and be a guest?

curiously they would need more combinations to make everybody happy, they are showing only a single CO flavor for example, also, just a kickstarter...

I'm just interested in seeing what they can do and what the development community can do to help create modules.  I think this is a game changer in terms of simplicity and scalability.   

• Like 1

I'm having trouble figuring out how I would use it in my home.  Perhaps if I had it in hand it would be different.  I would welcome Swidget to contact me and we can discuss.  Would love to review it to see if I could do anything with it.

I do like the idea of community generated ideas for modules.

Smart controlled outlets.  Wifi range extenders. Lights, cameras... action!   They have an Alexa mod.  Probably could put a speaker and do whole home intercom/music.  I'm in the belief that the only limit would be people's imaginations.