Dave

HP Microserver Gen 10 will start at $399

Dave
tomaash

For sale in my country, for 226,72 €

Hewlett-packard SERV HPE MicroServer Gen10 X3216 1.6-3.0GHz 1x8GB NHP LFF Server 1-1-1 873830-421

No HDD. no optical drive

• Like 1

Joe_Miner

I wonder when prices will really get competitive in GB like they did with the 7 Gen's?

Gen8Master

Price is £225 on Serverdirect for the entry model + 8GB ram. I believe this is much cheaper than the gen8s when they were first released.

JackoUK
On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, Joe_Miner said:

I wonder when prices will really get competitive in GB like they did with the 7 Gen's?

Not taking too long ...

... my preferred supplier is ServersPlus which is now showing ..

https://www.serversplus.com/content.asp?pageid=88

£140 for a base specification Gen 8 and £166 for a Gen10, after cashback.

• Like 1

Trig0r

Cashback already...

FreeN@S

let's hope for a real machine, Microserver Gen10 v2 :) 

by the way, good price in serversplus. it is my favorite supplier also

Edited by FreeN@S

sorted

Price Netherlands is Euro 228,- (incl. VAT 21.5%) No Cashback for X3216/8GB version.

Edited by sorted

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Gulftown
      By Gulftown
      I have bought Seagate Enterprise ST8000NM055 drives.

There are few things you should know about this model - it is expensive compared to many other 8Tb models, it has extended warranty, it is made with closed drive case so the mounting holes are not screwed through.

The problem is I couldn't put the hole screw inside so the drive isn't fixed and I also got a problem wheh putting the drive rail inside the cage as the screw top makes it too wide.

Has anyone met this problem?

I've bought some spare screws on Ebay to shorten them (I don't want to mess arount with genuine screws) so they can fit but the parcel was lost.
    • razormw
      By razormw
      Hi, I have an HPE Proliant  Microserver Gen10  x3216  with ubuntu server installed. 

Recenty i decided to check my CPU frequency (in ubuntu and in the EFI) and i realised that it only runs at 1.6Ghz max even though specifications claims that it can go up to 3.0Ghz.
      Do you know if there is something i can do about it? I´ve already called HPE to ask for help but the only answer i got was "we do not support overclock" even though it´s not overclock because the values are withing the factory limits that they claim it can work.

I tried to make several stress test and put the server under heavy CPU loads but all i can get is 1.6Ghz.

Sorry if i made any mistakes , english it´s not my first language.

link to APU specs: https://www.amd.com/en/opteron
    • Phil Croxford
      By Phil Croxford
      Hi,

Not sure if this is a taboo subject?? but delete if needed.
      I have bought a Gen 10 Micro Server for my home so i can run a Plex Server in house. i have all the drivers and updates that i need from the HP website
      but gone and noticed that the Bios update i need from what i can gather i need a contract? I'm not sure what to do?
      how do i get the bios update for this server?

when i bought this server its running on 5.12 version with a build date of 05/25/2017 so my bios is well out of date.

can any one guide me in the right direction to get the update?

thanks
    • Gulftown
      By Gulftown
      After reading a lot of stuff here and there I am planning some sort of investigation... I'd like to make a board adapter to make Microserver work with any 120mm fan (PWM or DC regulated) without problems and failures. I know some members got problems when installed a new fan and tried different connection schematics.

Here's what I'd like to do:

6pin HP connector <-----cable----> adapter board with MCU   -----> 4-pin fan connector (+ 6-pin HP-compliant one for backward compatibility)

Desired functionality of MCU board:
      1. Working rotation detect with any fan based on rpm counter.
      2. MCU-based rotation speed regulation using both PWM and DC modes to allow support for any fan. DC controlled fan low-voltage cutoff detection should be included.
      3. "First-run" mode to check to lowest voltage and detect PWM-DC fan control functionality.

I couldn't find some information:
      1. What 6-pin connector type HP utilyses to allow the board connection to Microserver mobo as I wouldn't like to disassemble the original fan?
      2. Have anyone tried the rotation detect imitation (having a 6-pin custom connector and a potentiometer would let me do that)?
      3. Can you help me to collect some information regarding the issue in this topic to make things easier as I can say there's 5 or 6 topics only on Reset and I also find some info on HP and other related forums?