Dave

HP Microserver Gen 10 will start at $399

JackoUK    17
JackoUK
On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, Dave said:

I really think I want to get one this go round.  Last I had was the N54L. I need a Plex server and think ClearOS might do the trick.  HP should send me one to test! 

I've been thinking of streaming 4K ...

... but it took me  a lot of investigation to get bit-perfect audio playback on Windows with all the variants in media types and sources.

Anyone got a good handle on all the issues? Codecs VP9,H265; protection HDCP; signalling displayport whatever version; HDR; refresh rates; ...

Eventually got everything sorted with a LINX 1010E tablet @ £99 refurb from ebay.

Experimenting with a CHUWI Hi13 tablet (love the screen size and quality) @ £260 new for video.

Edited by JackoUK

starbo    0
starbo
On 24/6/2017 at 0:39 PM, Trig0r said:

Probably translate to £399....

The Gen8 is £120 after rebate in the UK. If the Gen10 is a 'cost cutting' model (many features taken out) do you think it will eventually reach £99 or lower in the UK?

Trig0r    118
Trig0r

No, the "after rebate" cost is in no way, IMHO, an indication of what cost the Gen10 will be.

The Gen8 is currently, as I can find it, around the £190 mark for the G1610T, 4Gb RAM, no optical and no HDD's.

I've asked my supplier what Gen10 stuff he has, if any..

Trig0r    118
Trig0r

:D

Won't be buying them from there at that price lol

Gen10 Entry (X3216, 8Gb, 0Gb) £294

Gen10 Entry (X3216, 8Gb, 1Tb) £330

Gen10 Performance (X3421, 16Gb, 0Gb) £427

schoondoggy    588
schoondoggy
On 6/24/2017 at 0:22 PM, alex1002 said:

Do these server have the amd cpus based on the new EPYC? Zen technology or still the old and cpu Tech?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

They are not Zen technology. They are part of the Opteron APU line:

http://www.amd.com/en/opteron

starbo    0
starbo
21 hours ago, Trig0r said:

No, the "after rebate" cost is in no way, IMHO, an indication of what cost the Gen10 will be.

The Gen8 is currently, as I can find it, around the £190 mark for the G1610T, 4Gb RAM, no optical and no HDD's.

So basically it's a good idea to snap up the Gen8 at those prices while stocks last...?

Trig0r    118
Trig0r

You could do if you can find them at a decent price and then get the rebate put through before it ends as they tend to run for a certain amount of time...

Once they're all gone the second-hand market might improve a bit and I can sell mine lol

koth    0
koth

Bought mine from newegg for $381

Price is higher for the early adopters, I'm sure there will be better deals in a year or so but I needed a new server now.

schoondoggy    588
schoondoggy
13 hours ago, koth said:

Bought mine from newegg for $381

Price is higher for the early adopters, I'm sure there will be better deals in a year or so but I needed a new server now.

Can you post a link to the model you bought?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Aleksander
      By Aleksander
      Hi guys!
      Trying to configure AlertMail in iLO, but I don't receive a mail. I have installed Debian, need I to configure mail server (postfix) on it?
    • luckyfabian@gmail.com
      By luckyfabian@gmail.com
      Hi all,

I recently obtained a Standard license for 2016 Server and was thinking to run it on a new box. Can somebody please correct me because AFAIK a Standard 2016 license is ok for 2 cores (dual-core) how does this work if I obtain a server with 4 cores? I was looking at HPE Gen10 Proliant but no ILO (as I have a Gen8 VMware box). I am thinking however to get another Gen8 box but could do with your advice please as following...

As my Microserver Gen8 box has 16gb (which I believe is the maximum amount of memory supported? Or somebody could say otherwise) I have Win2012 R2 running on one VM (ESXi v6), I COULD provision another VM for running Win2016 Standard, do you think this would be feasible with 16gb in total on the Server?? Plus with 2016 Standard License I can run two Hyper V VM's (was thinking a Win10 and maybe a Win7 clients) so I was thinking a barebones server (maybe another Gen8 Microserver, not sure about the new HPE Gen10's as no ILO and I want the ILO functionality) or was looking at the ML Gen9 XEON server recently (no ILO but I believe can switch with the onboard AMT) or was just looking at a Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M1 Xeon E3-1226 V3 16GB 2TB Tower Server, could anyone advise me on these?

I was thinking I could load 2016 on another VM and have 4gb provisioned for 2012 R2 and probably provision the rest of the memory (12gb) for the 2016 Server with 2x Hyper V clients eventually
      Can someone confirm that I could run 2016 as a VM on my Gen8 Microserver or should I go for another server (not sure about the Microserver Gen10 boxes as no ILO) or was looking at the Fujitsu system as mentioned above.

ANY advice would be MOST GREATLY appreciated.

This Server is to practise Group Policy, Power Shell and setting up a Domain and a trial of Office365 to practise Azure AD at home probably over the internal network with a couple of PC's in the house, so nothing heavy.
      Thanks in advance,

Lucky
    • luckyfabian@gmail.com
      By luckyfabian@gmail.com
      Hi all,

I recently obtained a Standard license for 2016 Server and was thinking to run it on a new box. Can somebody please correct me because AFAIK a Standard 2016 license is ok for 2 cores (dual-core) how does this work if I obtain a server with 4 cores? I was looking at HPE Gen10 Proliant but no ILO (as I have a Gen8 VMware box). 

As my Microserver Gen8 box has 16gb (which I believe is the maximum amount of memory supported? Or somebody could say otherwise) I have Win2012 R2 running on one VM (ESXi v6), I COULD provision another VM for running Win2016 Standard, do you think this would be feasible with 16gb in total on the Server?? Plus with 2016 Standard License I can run two Hyper V VM's (was thinking a Win10 and maybe a Win7 clients) so I was thinking a barebones server (maybe another Gen8 Microserver, not sure about the new HPE Gen10's as no ILO and I want the ILO functionality) or was looking at the ML Gen9 XEON server recently (no ILO but I believe can switch with the onboard AMT) or was just looking at a Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M1 Xeon E3-1226 V3 16GB 2TB Tower Server, could anyone advise me on these?

I was thinking I could load 2016 on another VM and have 4gb provisioned for 2012 R2 and probably provision the rest of the memory (12gb) for the 2016 Server with 2x Hyper V clients eventually
      Can someone confirm that I could run 2016 as a VM on my Gen8 Microserver or should I go for another server (not sure about the Microserver Gen10 boxes as no ILO) or was looking at the Fujitsu system as mentioned above.

ANY advice would be MOST GREATLY appreciated.

This Server is to practise Group Policy, Power Shell and setting up a Domain and a trial of Office365 to practise Azure AD at home probably over the internal network with a couple of PC's in the house, so nothing heavy.
      Thanks in advance,

Lucky