Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 2.13.26 PM.png

Watch their video here:

alex1002    4
alex1002

I wonder what AMD CPU they use?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

schoondoggy    588
schoondoggy

Entry level version will be a Opteron x3216 and the performance version will be Opteron x3421.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Dave    277
Dave

I really think I want to get one this go round.  Last I had was the N54L. I need a Plex server and think ClearOS might do the trick.  HP should send me one to test! 

• Like 2

Trig0r    118
Trig0r

Probably translate to £399....

alex1002    4
alex1002

Do these server have the amd cpus based on the new EPYC? Zen technology or still the old and cpu Tech?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

DaMenace    17
DaMenace

I am thinking about a new network for my home and business. I have a full Meraki stack for business and I want to use the new Microserver  for Free Nas or Xpenology.

I am going to look into 10gb WD Red drives for the Microserver.

I currently have two Microserver Gen8 running. One has Server 2012R2 running and the other is for the home network running Win10 pro, for my wife.

Does anyone have comments or ideas? I would also like to have a 10gb business network.

dcrdev    0
dcrdev

I know this doesn't have iLO but does it have OPMA - the AMD equivalent of Intel AMT?

I think without remote power on/off functionality, this will be useless for my needs. 

schoondoggy    588
schoondoggy
I know this doesn't have iLO but does it have OPMA - the AMD equivalent of Intel AMT?

I think without remote power on/off functionality, this will be useless for my needs. 

Good question, I have asked the beta team. The answer so far is no.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

JackoUK    17
JackoUK
23 hours ago, DaMenace said:

I am thinking about a new network for my home and business. I have a full Meraki stack for business and I want to use the new Microserver  for Free Nas or Xpenology.

I am going to look into 10gb WD Red drives for the Microserver.

I currently have two Microserver Gen8 running. One has Server 2012R2 running and the other is for the home network running Win10 pro, for my wife.

Does anyone have comments or ideas? I would also like to have a 10gb business network.

I'd go for the 10TB size ;)

The only hope on the horizon looks like this company http://www.aquantia.com/products/aqtion/ ...

... but we are still going to need a 10GB switch from somebody. Expensive.

Edited by JackoUK

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Aleksander
      By Aleksander
      Hi guys!
      Trying to configure AlertMail in iLO, but I don't receive a mail. I have installed Debian, need I to configure mail server (postfix) on it?
    • luckyfabian@gmail.com
      By luckyfabian@gmail.com
      Hi all,

I recently obtained a Standard license for 2016 Server and was thinking to run it on a new box. Can somebody please correct me because AFAIK a Standard 2016 license is ok for 2 cores (dual-core) how does this work if I obtain a server with 4 cores? I was looking at HPE Gen10 Proliant but no ILO (as I have a Gen8 VMware box). I am thinking however to get another Gen8 box but could do with your advice please as following...

As my Microserver Gen8 box has 16gb (which I believe is the maximum amount of memory supported? Or somebody could say otherwise) I have Win2012 R2 running on one VM (ESXi v6), I COULD provision another VM for running Win2016 Standard, do you think this would be feasible with 16gb in total on the Server?? Plus with 2016 Standard License I can run two Hyper V VM's (was thinking a Win10 and maybe a Win7 clients) so I was thinking a barebones server (maybe another Gen8 Microserver, not sure about the new HPE Gen10's as no ILO and I want the ILO functionality) or was looking at the ML Gen9 XEON server recently (no ILO but I believe can switch with the onboard AMT) or was just looking at a Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M1 Xeon E3-1226 V3 16GB 2TB Tower Server, could anyone advise me on these?

I was thinking I could load 2016 on another VM and have 4gb provisioned for 2012 R2 and probably provision the rest of the memory (12gb) for the 2016 Server with 2x Hyper V clients eventually
      Can someone confirm that I could run 2016 as a VM on my Gen8 Microserver or should I go for another server (not sure about the Microserver Gen10 boxes as no ILO) or was looking at the Fujitsu system as mentioned above.

ANY advice would be MOST GREATLY appreciated.

This Server is to practise Group Policy, Power Shell and setting up a Domain and a trial of Office365 to practise Azure AD at home probably over the internal network with a couple of PC's in the house, so nothing heavy.
      Thanks in advance,

Lucky
    • luckyfabian@gmail.com
      By luckyfabian@gmail.com
      Hi all,

I recently obtained a Standard license for 2016 Server and was thinking to run it on a new box. Can somebody please correct me because AFAIK a Standard 2016 license is ok for 2 cores (dual-core) how does this work if I obtain a server with 4 cores? I was looking at HPE Gen10 Proliant but no ILO (as I have a Gen8 VMware box). 

As my Microserver Gen8 box has 16gb (which I believe is the maximum amount of memory supported? Or somebody could say otherwise) I have Win2012 R2 running on one VM (ESXi v6), I COULD provision another VM for running Win2016 Standard, do you think this would be feasible with 16gb in total on the Server?? Plus with 2016 Standard License I can run two Hyper V VM's (was thinking a Win10 and maybe a Win7 clients) so I was thinking a barebones server (maybe another Gen8 Microserver, not sure about the new HPE Gen10's as no ILO and I want the ILO functionality) or was looking at the ML Gen9 XEON server recently (no ILO but I believe can switch with the onboard AMT) or was just looking at a Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M1 Xeon E3-1226 V3 16GB 2TB Tower Server, could anyone advise me on these?

I was thinking I could load 2016 on another VM and have 4gb provisioned for 2012 R2 and probably provision the rest of the memory (12gb) for the 2016 Server with 2x Hyper V clients eventually
      Can someone confirm that I could run 2016 as a VM on my Gen8 Microserver or should I go for another server (not sure about the Microserver Gen10 boxes as no ILO) or was looking at the Fujitsu system as mentioned above.

ANY advice would be MOST GREATLY appreciated.

This Server is to practise Group Policy, Power Shell and setting up a Domain and a trial of Office365 to practise Azure AD at home probably over the internal network with a couple of PC's in the house, so nothing heavy.
      Thanks in advance,

Lucky