RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS Phone

jtone2k8

jtone2k8 ; sounds live a very kewl app. What are your impressions on the windows phone since you purchased it?

Can't speak for jtone2k8, but I think it works really well! As a disclaimer, I never really liked the iPhone. I tried using it for a while, but I don't think my brain is wired that way. The best feature is that it isn't always app-centric. Apps are cool when I want to play a game, or I want to make a table reservation (activity focused), but when I'm working with contacts, my calendar or anything else (data focused), I really don't care about the app. People are just themselves, and the phone did a relatively good job of automatically figuring out that Joe Smith in my Facebook contacts is the same Joe Smith in my work contacts on Exchange as well as the Joeseph S. in my personal e-mail contact list in GMail.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• vinylfreak

• cskenney

• jtone2k8

I like the Phone, it makes life a lot eaiser. I never really messed with the iPhone or Android as my phone, but i have helped out other people, and I never really cared for them. But it the WP7 did make setting everything up super easy and it all works well togther. I have my exchange accout that was very easy to setup as well as 2 yahoo accounts, and my live account. I am also a Zune pass holder so streaming the lastest music is always nice too.

Over all i think it is worth the money, and they are going to coninue improving the OS.

• 1 month later...

Looks like they are going to be releasing a beta version of WHS Phone for Android. I plan to beta test when available.

Looks like they are going to be releasing a beta version of WHS Phone for Android. I plan to beta test when available.

Me too!

I've got it installed and have been messing with it. I like it so far but have yet to get in depth with it. I'll try to do that soon so I can give some feedback to the dev. I'm amazed at how many Android apps I've accumulated since switching over. Crazy.

I put together a quick video demo of WHS Phone to show some of the basic functionality of the App. Overall I thought it was integrated into the WP7 platform very well. I wish I had 3G where I live (Come On! AT&T!!!), the audio streaming would be much better. It would also be nice to stream video at some point.

Check it out its about 5 min long.

That is nice. I hope I get an android soon. I was supposed to get it about 2 weeks ago but work put it on hold. :angry: