• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Similar Content

• cscompton
      By cscompton
      I have the following items, all used. Pay what's listed/OBO and shipping.
      5 eeros - $100 each 1 original Ring doorbell - $100  2 Homeseer Hometroller-SEL with z-stick's. Standard License. $200 each These are the micro computer hardware+License+Zstick. NuTone Garage Door Opener. $50 I installed it once a long time ago and learned my first lesson that Chamberlain is locked down. You might need your own screws.  
      I also have some Ham Radio's if there are any Hams on here, I moved on to DMR.

• Big Tree
      By Big Tree
      Hey all,

I'm putting together a plan to outfit my home as a smart home.  I want to do this for a couple of reasons.  First of all, I am an electrician and I'd like to make smart technology more a part of my business, as no one in my community does it.  Second, I love smart technology and I want it!  I'm looking for suggestions and tips as to what is going to be the best to not only outfit my home with, but is good to sell in a lower income market (nothing like crestron or control 4). 

I think the essential things to put in to make a home smart would be heating control, lighting control, door control, as well as some control to bring them all together.  Here are my current thoughts, and I'd love to hear what any of you think about these things.

Lighting - Lutron Caseta - I'm a RadioRa2 installer, but I don't have the money to put that into my house, so the next best thing for me is Caseta.  I already have Caseta switches in my home and I love them.  I sell them quite often already and I think Lutron is fantastic.

Heating - Ecobee - I like ecobee in theory because they aren't nest.  Even though I'm a Nest Pro, I just have always liked the look and sound of Ecobee.  Am I completely off my rocker for thinking that?

Door Control - August Lock with Ring Doorbell - Seems like these are the best things out there right now, but this is a category that I know very little about.

Central Control - I use Apple right now, so HomeKit seems to make sense, but I think I'd like to use voice control and so the Echo seems like a good product for that.  Would a Google Home be better?  Again, don't have much knowledge of this section yet.

Finally, I currently have an old Apple router, one of the old airport extremes, and I don't know if I should be thinking of upgrading my router in this process.

Thanks for reading my post, thanks for any input you give.
    • Rod at home
      By Rod at home
      I've got a NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi Extender, which I use in the back of the house. Back there I've got a Roku, which connects to that AC1200 Wi-Fi Extender. We keep the AC1200 Wi-Fi Extender in the wooden cabinet of the headstand above our heads. We do that because the AC1200 Wi-Fi Extender has blinking lights which interfere with my wife's ability to sleep.
      What I'm wondering about is if Wi-Fi extenders should be kept in the open, especially with the warm summer months coming on?
    • reiaya
      By reiaya
      sometimes, whenever I turn off the surface pro 2, with winsows 8.1 and then turn it on, i find out that it doesnt detect my internet, i click on the torubleshooting and it says that maybe is the dirver that haw not beimg read, so i need to restart it, and it happens so often that im not sure what to do, since the troubleshootinf thingy does mothing, and im driving nuts about needing to restart it over and over again.

aaahhhh! i want to love my surfacepro and every week is a different nasty error with windows. today suddenly it stopped to functionnthe touch mode...and again need to restart it again. grrr... amy ideas?