RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Do people STILL not lock their phones? ZDNet Article on iOS Transition

Dave

I like this author but he seems to blame  MicroSD technology for user error. I used to love a phone that supported upgradeable storage but finally bit the bullet and went with a 128Gb Pixel XL and couldn't be happier.  No errors with the card, no worries with drops, and faster storage.

Secondly, this all could have been avoided by locking the phone! No, you might not get it back, but your worries are gone, and scumbag thief has a bricked device. A good home warranty will replace that handset.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/moving-from-android-to-ios-lessons-learned-helping-with-a-transition/

WHY TRANSITION TO AN IPHONE?

There are many reasons people choose one operating system over another and no single OS is best for everyone. Here are the primary reasons my wife decided to give the iPhone a try:

• Internal storage: The insecure external storage was one factor in choosing a phone with only internal storage as my wife is still creeped out that the thief can check out all the photos she has taken for the past year. When an iPhone is hard reset, everything is wiped so there would be no photos left in the internal storage. I never remove the microSD cards from my Android phones and think only having internal storage capacity may indeed be best for the masses.
  • iOS ecosystem: With all three of our daughters full time on an iPhone, and me on the 7 Plus about half the time, it is handy using iMessage, FaceTime, and Find My Friends with a group of iOS users. We are often out and about so having the ability to easily find each other has already proven useful in the past 10 days since she has had an iPhone.
  • Apple Store: The ability to visit a local retail store to get things fixed, buy accessories, and ask questions is useful. Just a couple of weeks ago, my daughter's iPhone 7 display failed and wouldn't let her use her phone. She took it to an Apple Store and an hour later walked out with a new replacement at no charge. There's something to be said for having a store available to provide these services. With Samsung's dominant market share, you would think there would be Samsung stores to provide such services so the Apple Store really does set the iPhone experience apart from the rest.

The last two points I get. No arguments there.  Seriously folks. Upgrade from your old Galaxy S3, Ahem Avram Piltch, get a decent phone and a good home warranty coverage for your portables.

Read the rest of this article and pay attention to the Transition section. These points and many more make it VERY hard for me to consider an iOS device as my daily handset.