RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

VIDEO Gen10 MicroServer BETA

Joe_Miner

DSC_0110_CROP.jpg

DSC_0090 CROP.jpg

WP_20170604_13_03_45_Pro__highresCROP.jpg

HPE ProLiant Gen10 MicroServer with streaming movie playing (Batman vs Superman – Monitor 1), six VMs loaded and powered up (Hyper-V Manager window open – Monitor 2), and Excel spreadsheet opened crunching 19 years of daily data for multiple graphs (Monitor 3) all using about 49% of installed 32GB RAM.  The disk activity that can be made out on the Task Manager is from the VMs – the Excel spreadsheet is on my home server.

For the above I had the following connections left to Right:

1st Monitor attached with HDMI cable via: “Active DisplayPort to HDMI 4K Adapter, Benfei DP to HDMI Ultra HD Converter”   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5DX296/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2nd Monitor attached to VGA Port

3rd Monitor attached with HDMI cable via : Passive “4K DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI Adapter by Benfei DP Display Port to HDMI UHD 2K 3D Audio and Video Converter Male to Female Gold-Plated Cord” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VV26BLB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Check out the Thread on PassMark performance: 

The 2D Graphics Mark was 424.7

The 3D Graphics Mark was 1211

The PassMark Analysis has the resolution of all three of my monitors as well as other information it detected about the AMD Radeon R7 Graphics.  I do not have a 4K monitor so I was not able to test that capability.

THIS WAS ALL AFTER I CORRECTED A ERROR I FOUND VERY EARLY ON IN SYSTEMS INFORMATION AND PROBLEM DEVICES

Systems Information showed a Problem device: ACPI\AMD0020\20 -- to fix that I went to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Video01.jpg

The file will look like:

Video02.jpg

it will take awhile to execute!

Afterwards the Device Manager looked like:

Video03.jpg

And in System Information the Problem devices will be cleared out:

Video04.jpg

My setup at the time was:

Video05.jpg

Running at ~55W with 32GB RAM and two VMs active when I did this.

• Like 1

itx
On 04.06.2017 at 11:58 PM, Joe_Miner said:

The 3D Graphics Mark was 1211

x3216 R5 radeon have only 500 by Passmark ;( and unable to play 4k video... ~10fps on 4k sample

Also only 2480 CPU by passmark

So x3421 microserver x2 faster that x3216

Lord Raven
On 02/12/2017 at 2:50 PM, itx said:

x3216 R5 radeon have only 500 by Passmark ;( and unable to play 4k video... ~10fps on 4k sample

Also only 2480 CPU by passmark

So x3421 microserver x2 faster that x3216

I am using Jriver as DLNA to stream 4k content on my TV. It works but on till 3840x1600 resolutions. Above this, it starts stuttering 3840x2100. VLC couldn't play the media on the server connected to 4k TV. It struggles.