RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

Performance - Gen10 MicroServer BETA

shakenfr

hello, I use this server as a client.  I have a Gen8 with a little xeon 2 cores (1220L) and it's better :-(

If I had a graphics card to my gen10, is it possible to salve the CPU ?

schoondoggy
2 hours ago, shakenfr said:

hello, I use this server as a client.  I have a Gen8 with a little xeon 2 cores (1220L) and it's better :-(

It would appear that the CPU is your main issue. It is hard to say if a graphic card or memory would help. They may offload some from the CPU, but I do not think it would be enough to make much of a difference. The XEON in your MS Gen8 is at least 50% more performance than the x3216 and the x3421 is twice the x3216:

cpu compare.PNG 

These small servers are great for fixed function, but not for varied client computing workloads.

itx
On 12/4/2017 at 11:06 PM, shakenfr said:

You can't solve cpu problems with graph card or adding memory .

Anyway ;) I have same x3216 microserver with 8gb of ram.

I use CentOS 7.4 and have installed - Transmission, Seafile, Two VMs with CentOS, Docker + some containers required for dev

And i use it as simple workstation sometimes - its run Firefox and Chrome without problem, only IntelliJ IDEA slow open and index projects.

Also i have Windows 10 Home installed on other drive, i dont have troubles with Chrome , it works very fast , Starcraft II also works on minimum settings;)

I pretty sure your problem is OpenVPN and Kaspersky

shakenfr

I will try to replace Kasperky first.  thank you for the analyse

Lord Raven
On 11/12/2017 at 10:45 AM, itx said:

You can't solve cpu problems with graph card or adding memory .

Anyway ;) I have same x3216 microserver with 8gb of ram.

I use CentOS 7.4 and have installed - Transmission, Seafile, Two VMs with CentOS, Docker + some containers required for dev

And i use it as simple workstation sometimes - its run Firefox and Chrome without problem, only IntelliJ IDEA slow open and index projects.

Also i have Windows 10 Home installed on other drive, i dont have troubles with Chrome , it works very fast , Starcraft II also works on minimum settings;)

I pretty sure your problem is OpenVPN and Kaspersky

I have the same x3216 and it is slow, I am running Windows 10 Enterprise and use the remote login to manage it. I have 4k display attached to DP1 with an active 4k adapter. I am unable to play 4k movies, even playing through SSD using VLC. Have you tried playing 4k?

Joe_Miner

Swapped out the ClearOS 1TB drive for a Samsung 840 Pro 256GB and ran ATTO under Windows10

20180804 ATTO DriveC.JPG