Joe_Miner

My First Review of HPE ProLiant Gen10 MicroServer BETA

61 posts in this topic

No shock on that one tbh..

anything else you can share?

1 hour ago, Trig0r said:

No shock on that one tbh..

anything else you can share?

The option of an iLo card is not possible as there are no hooks into the system board to support it. I had been researching AMD CPU and chipsets, as I thought at one time they had been working on something like Intel AMT, but no luck there. The solution folks are promoting some of the features of ClearOS as a remote access solution, VPN, Firewall, IDS, IPS and Gateway tools. I need to spend more time with ClearOS. HP is really promoting it on their platforms.

Still working on the ESXi stuff. 

I'd never heard of clearOS before now tbh, sounds like it's a bit of a NAS type solution that you can then add stuff too, bit like the QNAP stuff...

Posted (edited)

Now there is a place left by HPE in the market for DELL or Lenovo to step in and make a server with cube form factor . Or folks buy Supermicro :)

So far i only saw few possitive comments about HPE Microserver Gen10 on the popular forums around the world. 

Edited by FreeN@S

When are these going to actually be available?

Can someone tell me if the DVD drive is standard size or slim like the Gen 8. Thanks

Should have looked closer its the same as the Gen 8

Edited by tezray
Found answer

Does anyone know if you use the Display port for htpc can it support DTS sound etc and 3d ok?

Can someone tell me if the DVD drive is standard size or slim like the Gen 8. Thanks

Should have looked closer its the same as the Gen 8

It is 9.5mm. The retention clip is different than what is in the Gen8.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Thank you it looks the same as the gen8 but nice to be confirmed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

Shame we dont know someone who could maybe get some clips made up that screw to the back of a standard 9.5mm drive so it fits the Gen10...

Shame we dont know someone who could maybe get some clips made up that screw to the back of a standard 9.5mm drive so it fits the Gen10...

I think I know a guy that may have a solution,,,,,,,,,

1 person likes this