Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Sokoban
      By Sokoban
      Hi 
      My HP Proliant Microserver Gen 8 won't install HP Tools when I have running HP Smart Update Manager. 
      even when I have trying to install via Intelligent Provising, Windows Server 2019.

Se image below 🙂 That's I missing.. ;-(

• Karazzi
      By Karazzi
      Hi everyone.

New to this forum.
      I have a gen8 microserver running at home, where I have installed an SSD in the ODD sata slot. On the SSD I have installed Ubuntu Server 18.04.
      I have then created a logical volume witht the raid controller and can then boot to the SSD. So far so good.
      My problem emerges when I reboot the system. The logical volume disapears and it gives the error: "boot logical drive is configured but is missing or offline".
      I then have to go into the utility and reconfigure the logical volume. Kind of annoying, when trying to run a headless setup.

• Angelus
      By Angelus
      Good day all

i bought a gen 10 x3216 MicroServer and I have been trying to install windows server 2016 on it with a usb and I get it to boot into the usb with the iso on it but I can not get past the one install step where u supposed to select the drive.

instead it says to download storage drivers and browse to select driver. I have downloaded every single storage driver from the hpe site or is sure does feel like it.

if I try to select the driver I have to do so manually by unticking show only compatible drivers because if I leave it ticked there is nothing compatible. Iam stumped on what the correct driver is.

ok so what Iam trying to do isssssss I want to install the os onto the usb that I have attached inside the box the one that is directly coming off the board. Is that a different driver ? 

In bios/boot up options I can see all usb connected.

can anyone please help me with this 
    • Mark Belanger
      By Mark Belanger
      Greetings,

I'm new to the HPMSG8 world and so far I'm loving it. I have a stock Xeon with 16G of aftermarket memory with iLO patched to 2.70. Next up is adding a RAID card, so I can put my boot SSD on the onboard RAID. I picked up a LSI SAS9211-8i on Amazon, but am struggling to flash it to IT mode on the MicroServer. Is this even possible? Unfortunately, the only other system I have with PCI slots is 32-bit.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-MB