RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Delidding - perhaps a way to run hot CPUs on the stock cooler?

rich1983

Think it is quite easy to mess your cpu up but otherwise I am putting a e3 1225 v2 in mine stock cooler and people believe it will be fine mine is in the loft so I can put the cooling fan on medium or high but I have Esxi so don't think I can monitor the cpu temp anyway ilo always shows 40c

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So Tezray... Your comment is really limited to '...it is quite easy to mess up...' which I mean in the most polite way, but arguably you are not taking the conversation any further!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So Tezray... Your comment is really limited to '...it is quite easy to mess up...' which I mean in the most polite way, but arguably you are not taking the conversation any further!

What I meant was I have seen people discussing it before and a lot of people say don't bother you can wreck the cpu also I am putting a 77tdp cpu in mine all stock and people believe it will be fine maybe don't do anything just chuck in a new cpu and turn cooling up if you can put up with the noise or move it somewhere it won't bother you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sandy bridge has solder
ivy is really bad paste

So does that suggest that it's worth doing it with an Ivy to fill it with better paste and get a better weald between it and he heatsink directly?