RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Joe_Miner

MicroServer Gen10 Introduction, Links, FAQ's

Joe_Miner

The HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 has been introduced by HPE Today June 5, 2017, at 5PM ET (4PM CT).  Please check out the many Posts/Topics in this Forum Including:

My First Review of HPE ProLiant Gen10 MicroServer BETA:  

Components & Specs of the Gen10 MicroServer BETA Tested:  

RAM for my Gen10 BETA:

Drive Performance – Gen10 MicroServer BETA:

PassMark Performance of Gen10 MicroServer BETA:

VIDEO Controller Gen10 MicroServer BETA: 

Comparing the HPE ProLiant Gen10 MicroServer BETA to Previous MicroServers:  

HPE ProLiant Gen10 MicroServer BETA – Early Pictures:  

HPE ProLiant Gen10 MicroServer – HPE Web Page (June 5, 2017):

https://www.hpe.com/nl/en/product-catalog/servers/proliant-servers/pip.specifications.hpe-proliant-microserver-gen10.1009955118.html

• Like 1

Joe_Miner

New Forum LIVE

Joe_Miner

A intro Video

shakenfr

hello,

Is it possible to send me a link to the new firmware for gen10 microserver ? I don't understand but there's a lock when I try to download it.

the file is :

Type : BIOS (Entitlement Required) - ROM système
Version : ZA10A320(12 oct. 2017)
Système(s) d'exploitation :
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 | Tout afficher
Nom de fichier : System_BIOS_v_ZA10A320_for_MicroServer_Gen10_Windows.zip (3.1 MB)

I don't understand why HP make a lock to that file because if I want to download it, the only usage is for Gen10 microserver users ???

shakenfr

thanks for the link and for your help

Lord Raven

Hi,

My CPU utilization stays at maximum for most of the times. Maybe due to this reason, the Gen10 went into thermal shutdown twice from the first bootup which was last day.

I have stick X3216 with 8 GB RAM. I am using ESXi 6.5 and running Win10 Pro. I have allocated all the resources to this VM. What should I do? Anything I do on the Windows, the CPU spikes to the max.

image.thumb.png.df2370ba2af5962cef07255e2d5b40dc.png

So far, I have shut down the "superfetch" service on Windows, allocated some pagefile and that's it. Also, updated windows to the latest.

Thanks & Regards

Scepticalist

You shouldn't need to allocate rersources anywhere in ESX - it's much better than you at doing that in most cases.

If CPU usage is at full look at the Windows OS - whats using the CPU in Task Manager?

Lord Raven
3 hours ago, Scepticalist said:

You shouldn't need to allocate rersources anywhere in ESX - it's much better than you at doing that in most cases.

If CPU usage is at full look at the Windows OS - whats using the CPU in Task Manager?

Thanks for your response.

I have been constantly looking at the Task Manager in Windows, nothing suspicious there. 

What do you mean by, "You shouldn't need to allocate rersources anywhere in ESX - it's much better than you at doing that in most cases."? 

I have started to get the feeling that I shouldn't run Bare Metal server, my server is stock and doesn't have a lot of resources. It couldn't even handle a single VM. Do you think I should install Windows directly on my SSD?

Edited by Lord Raven