RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Pool and Pool House Build VLOG Episode 0

cskenney

Hurry up and get that filter (and heater) installed.  I am ready to swing by for a dip in the pool!!!!!

• Like 1

Dave

Another installment in the Pool Build VLOG!

ImTheTypeOfGuy

It is definitely moving along fast. My gunite pool took about 6 weeks.

Why do they fill it from a truck instead of your spigot? How many truckloads did it take? Do you know how many gallons the pool holds?

What is the purpose of the large black drain at the left end?

Looks like you have Pentair equipment.

When this is all done we need to post pictures of our pools and surrounding areas. I always like seeing what others have done as it gives me ideas and sometimes even something to upgrade.

Trig0r

haha, dog wins..

• Like 1

Dave
1 hour ago, ImTheTypeOfGuy said:

It is definitely moving along fast. My gunite pool took about 6 weeks.

Why do they fill it from a truck instead of your spigot? How many truckloads did it take? Do you know how many gallons the pool holds?

What is the purpose of the large black drain at the left end?

Looks like you have Pentair equipment.

When this is all done we need to post pictures of our pools and surrounding areas. I always like seeing what others have done as it gives me ideas and sometimes even something to upgrade.

Hey ITTOG, 

Yes, gunite is a long process.  We decided against it due to how many freeze/thaw cycles we have here in central Indiana.  They are nice though. We'll be happy with our fiberglass bathtub!

17,500 gallons

It took 4 trucks and they would rather fill it fast and watch/manage any issues rather than take an extra day morning to night filling it and doing those adjustments. 

Yes, Pentair pump and some controls that are new to me. Will have to read up.

up7500

It took us almost 2 days to fill our new 26 foot diameter above ground pool at 15000 gallon.  That was even having the first 2000 gallon already in totes.

Jason

What a fun project! Though I must admit, I'm glad it's behind us It took longer but happened over the winter which barely exists in the south. Still, you're not waiting to swim. IIRC it took over 5 days x 24 hrs/day to fill ours. Then the joy of water chemistry begins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImTheTypeOfGuy

You guys have seriously low water pressure. My pool is about 28,000 gallons and took about 21 hours from my outdoor spigot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cskenney

21 hours sounds about right if you can get 24 GPM from your garden hose into the pool.  If the hose is longer it really affects the flow rate.

The nice thing about water coming in on a truck is that you don't end up paying the additional sewer fees for the water used to fill the pool. 

up7500

We had 75 to a 1000 foot of garden hose.  Also that's probably the difference between being in a town or city and being on rural water.  Sometimes we have problems just running the pressure washer off the hydrant, that only requires 8 GPM, I figure we have somewhere around 10 to 15 GPM available.