RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Pool and Pool House Build VLOG Episode 0

Dave

Episode 2 - The Time Lapse

GavinCampbell

That was a cool video to watch.  First time I've actually looked at them installing a pool.

nrf

bravo! thanks for that entertaining production!

Trig0r

Ahh ok so its a premade pool, that's pretty funky and answers my question about the bow in it..

The video also kinda answers my question about the wind..

Dave

Fill it up!

Jason

That's wild! Ours literally took months to build and several days to fill. This is like an instant pool!

We didn't even consider a liner pool, since only 1 out of 10+ homes (about half) with pools in our small neighborhood is one. Maybe if we had seen this video first.... For a particular size and depth this may be the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave

Technically, this one is fiberglass.  We could have gone with gunite but our last pool was fiberglass and very easy to maintain.  We have never liked the look of the liner so it was out although it's the most versatile.  Fiberglass has to come in by truck and has a maximum width of 16'.  Ours is 16x40. I can't recall exact depth but it's around 7'. No slide, no diving board, but will have a basketball goal that we can put in and out as needed.

Dave

Now just waiting on electrical, concrete, and then the pool house structure which should take a few months.

• Like 1

gibster

Very cool Dave :)

• Like 1

Jason
Technically, this one is fiberglass.  We could have gone with gunite but our last pool was fiberglass and very easy to maintain.  We have never liked the look of the liner so it was out although it's the most versatile.  Fiberglass has to come in by truck and has a maximum width of 16'.  Ours is 16x40. I can't recall exact depth but it's around 7'. No slide, no diving board, but will have a basketball goal that we can put in and out as needed.

Awesome! We too passed on a diving board and slide. We have younger children, but ultimately didn't want to encourage diving and other tricks. Their risk on increases as kids age and become more daring...diving off slides since higher than a diving board, etc.

Recently saw someone having a fiberglass pool shell delivered that had gotten stuck in the entry gate of their neighborhood, holding up traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1