RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How to know what NIC I have?

Calby

Hi,
I have recently buy a gen8 server, and when I'm on HPe's webbsite to download the drivers and the FW for my NIC's I don't know what to download.
How do I see what NIC I have?

For the Firmware they have three options to download:
Intel
Broadcom
QLogic

And for the drivers they have 8 different options, what should I download and install? Should I download and install all of them? I have 2 Ethernet ports and one for the iLO so totally 3 ports.
I'm running Windows Server 2016 on the server.

I have the gen8 model with 4GB of ram and a Intel G1610T.
According to the spec on the site where I did buy the server I have the Ethernet Controller: HP NC332i
But that don't help me.

you should be able to get some info on the nics from the device manager or the 'change adapter settings' page

44 minutes ago, nrf said:

you should be able to get some info on the nics from the device manager or the 'change adapter settings' page

It says Broadcom NetXtream but I can't find any drivers to that card on HPe's webbpage this is strange =/

The Gen 8 MicroServer uses the Broadcom BCM5720 for the two main network ports. The best way to update all of the firmware and BIOS is to use the HPE SPP.

You should not need to download any drivers for the built in network ports for Server 2016. The 8 drivers listed are for other HPE add in cards.

On 5/29/2017 at 10:25 PM, schoondoggy said:

The Gen 8 MicroServer uses the Broadcom BCM5720 for the two main network ports. The best way to update all of the firmware and BIOS is to use the HPE SPP.

You should not need to download any drivers for the built in network ports for Server 2016. The 8 drivers listed are for other HPE add in cards.

Thanks, I did notice that - I did just open the ISO on my server in the windows environment and then every driver did install it self.
But when I'm booting from the SPP ISO in my server I can't seem to update the BIOS etc. it don't updates by it self for some strange reason.
I did update iLO but that was trough the windows environment.