RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP Smart Storage Administrator Offline

marcusp

Does anyone have Hp Smart Storage Administrator (SSA) offline iso for download? I need it to configure HP P441 on ML350p Gen8. Oficially ML350p Gen8 doesn't support HP P441, it is for Gen9 servers, but it starts, and I see it in Vmware Esxi, and all is working. I just need the newest SSA offline for configure drives in RAID or HBA mode. SSA embedded in ML350p Gen8 is in older version and it doesn't see P441. I can't download it from HP website, because they wants password, unfortunately warranty of my Microserver Gen8 has expired a few month ago.

If you try to download from the server area it will flag you for a support account. You need to download from the RAID controller area.

Under downloads for the P441 select Windows Server 2008 R2 as the OS. It appears that the offline SSA is only offered as a download with older OS's:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7274903&swItemId=MTX_c99ab52992ba4932a910178bc9&swEnvOid=4064

You should get a copy of the latest SPP to get all of the firmware up-to-date as well.

Many thanks. Now all is working. I downloaded SPP and upgraded firmware too, and on SPP iso I have SSA offline. One more thing - is any possibility to update SSA in ML350p to the newest version from SPP iso? If not, it isn't  a big problem, because always I can start it from iso image.

• 4 weeks later...

Info for all who want to use RAID controller P440/441 designed for Gen9 in Gen8.

It works only in HBA mode or RAID 0/1, because it's not possible to connect smart battery. In Gen9 servers, connector for smart battery is located on the motherboard, power for cache module on the sas controller is getted from the motherboard too. In Gen8 there isn't connector for smart battery on motherboard, so RAID 5/6 and advanced features don’t work.

I searched on aliexpres, taobao and other but unfortunately I didn't find any adapters who makes available connect smartbattery from Gen9 to Gen8 ;-) Maybe someone could do it? ;-)

But for me it isn't a problem, because I bought P441 in a very good price and I use it on HP ML350P in ESXI 6.5, VM Openmediavault 3.0, ZFS, RAIDZ1, disks are connected to virtual machine as RDM. All works very well.

And one more thing - SSA in ML350p Gen8 is updating to the newest version that is possible - SSA can configure Gen9 SAS controllers.