Dave

Netgear Orbi Add On Satellite RBW30

itGeeks
On 5/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, Dave said:

Orbi won all of my speed tests. I still struggle with the app. I'm also needing an outdoor solution and thinking about going a different manufacturer for that. Possibly keep inside Orbi or eero. Haven't decided as I also love the Synology router features and the Circle box.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes Orbi is tough to beat. Dave what are you using as your main router now? I been using the new Synology RT2600RT router and for the most part I love it, Just wish they had satellites for it. I reached out to Synology and they say they have no plans at this time to make any, I think there missing the mark by not doing so. What do you think? I also agree that Netgear needs to get a better UI and not just for Orbi but all there products, It all feels very early 2000's to me.

Dave

I'm on Orbi 100%.  I replaced the 2600RT which like you, I loved.  Honestly, it's WiFi covered 90% of my house.  I'm thinking about going Synology Router, Orbi Wifi, and Circle Home Security.  Nuts?  Synology could all three of these if they tried.

Jason
I'm on Orbi 100%.  I replaced the 2600RT which like you, I loved.  Honestly, it's WiFi covered 90% of my house.  I'm thinking about going Synology Router, Orbi Wifi, and Circle Home Security.  Nuts?  Synology could all three of these if they tried.

I am currently Sophos UTM 9.5, Orbi wifi and Circle. Still haven't been courageous enough to migrate off Sophos. Once I exceed their 50 IPs + their overage buffer, I'll have no choice. Am pushing this limit right now. Postponing the inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itGeeks
On 5/25/2017 at 7:46 PM, Jason said:

Since adding the RBS30 RBS50 at furthers end of our house, it seems to have expanded coverage not only to our entire driveway and garages, but also virtually our entire lot. Had thought about keeping the RBW30 to place somewhere out near the pool, but it doesn't appear to be needed. Orbi is awesome.

I don't know what Netgear is doing with the RBx50 but I was also very impressed with it when I tested, These things rock for WiFi. I do favor the Synology RT2600 AC for the router function though. Other then the horrible UI there implementation of parental controls could use work as well.

Jason

Joined Netgear's beta program. They provided their Orbi 1.11.0.8 firmware with many updates not in current 1.11.0.20 production release. Was having issues where Orbi would disconnect intermittently when being accessed by multiple, concurrent iOS devices. Seems it has addressed that issue. Also disabled MU-MIMO and Implicit Beamforming and performed improved.

• Like 1