Sign in to follow this  
ImTheTypeOfGuy

USB-C Use in Mobile Devices

ImTheTypeOfGuy    30
ImTheTypeOfGuy

Anybody else have problems with USBC working with their mobile phone? When I'm in my car the vibration will cause the connector to fall out of the phone or if I'm using the phone in the house while it's plugged in and I set it down it will often become loose and doesn't charge. Does anyone else have this issue and know of a solution?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dave    262
Dave

USB C plugs can be plagued by a simple household problem.  Pocket lint! Have you blown it out?

Trig0r    117
Trig0r

Had no issues with USB-C yet...

Granted I'm only running 2 cables and the phones only about about3 months old..

ImTheTypeOfGuy    30
ImTheTypeOfGuy

Ugh, I would hate to think lint may be causing this. I do often go into engineering mode when solving problems, failing to look for the simple solutions first. I just assume the designers came up with a solution that would prevent something so simple and plentiful to cause problems.

I have been debating moving to the iPhone due to this. Glad I hadn't changed yet, assuming it is a lint issue.

Dave    262
Dave

Report back!  Also, is the C cable connector worn?  Perhaps it has just had enough. Hopefully it wouldn't be the phone side of things and hopefully just lint.    Just looked at mine and I see a little cruft in there.  Sometimes takes a little digging out.

ImTheTypeOfGuy    30
ImTheTypeOfGuy

I need more testing time but so far it appears blowing out with air compressor has helped. Thanks for the solution.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

SarahBishop    0
SarahBishop

The problem is often that the metallic surfaces inside the USB port and the microUSB charger are not making good contact, either through a manufacturing defect or because of the continual plugging and unplugging of the charging cable. 

All you need to do is shut down your device, remove the battery if possible and use something small, such as a toothpick, to 'lever up' the little tab inside the USB port on your smartphone or tablet.