RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ML310 server - where to discuss?

rich1983

Hiya guys. I can't find anywhere on the forums to discuss the ML310 G8 server. Is that because it's not classed as a home server?

Second hand prices put this in competition with the MSG8 so I wonder if a sub-forum should be made?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rename the ML10 forum perhaps, or maybe change model specific sub forums into a manufacturer sub so that way theres the chance that stuff will get more replies as the threads will have a bit more visibility, depending on how people browse the forum, I tend to just look at the new added posts anyways, unless I'm posting then I'll hit the main index and find the sub i need..

I don't mind creating a section for it if there will be conversations.  Let me look around.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay in my response. Probably going to buy one over the weekend and I know others have them so start a section please Dave :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My Ml310e is still going strong after 4 years, operating 24/7 since I bought it. I believe the CPU and DIMM are fully compatible with the Gen8 Microserver. Might upgrade the microserver at some stage :D

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually relegated my 310 to server only with a single Hyper-V for backup testing with an essentials build, and moved my main box backwards to a ML110 G7 with an e3-1240 the common slot enablement kit and a W7000. Really digging this machine. Have to find the darn April SP for Proliants though I want to move this to Server 2016.

• 2 weeks later...